Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Ok, first thing to be done will obviously remain making a good people's trust adaptation.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Hey Jack, what about religion? The Romans were a very relegious and superstitious people. Should not this be a bit of a general's sake because of omens and all that stuff? Would not it be nice if one had to question an augur before a battle? Of course this can happen automatically. Either the signs are good and you fight, they are bad and you do not fight, it is also ok. Then gives a bonus. If one fights despite the bad omens and wins, one is the darling of the gods and the people. If you lose, well, then you are at the bottom of the troop and the people. What are you saying?

Because of the translation again, what would have to be translated in which scripts?

Patrician

^ do you want to transform trust system into an omen system?
    or just talking about a general possibility?

Omens would be a good idea as custom events to make trust points more fluctuant, imo.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 12, 2018 at 01:27 PM.

No, I was thinking more of events, as you already suspected. An omen system might only complicate the whole thing. Ultimately, the player then decides whether he gives in to the omen or not. And he is also responsible if it goes downhill with him.

If you want before every battle. It is then quasi an omen scribbled by script to which the player must respond or not.
    Last edited by Sedulus; August 12, 2018 at 01:37 PM.

Patrician

^ Yup!
    Good thinking!

Thanks! No problem, you have to do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    4) some events that are triggered by effects and declare trust level's change (they are a little bugged now, they tend to show a turn earlier, think it's a % math function issue)

I can do the dirty one, but for the polished one, a good scripter (one like ivanpera if he'll agree, not one like me) is certainly needed.

4) That's because the majority of the events are calculated at the end of the turn and the popup for trust change is written in the same function. Some events, like declaring war, alter trust during the current turn.
    I can make so that the popup appears whenever there's a trust level change (even during your turn) or that all the trust +/- are calculated at the end of the turn.

I am always willing to write some code, but keep in mind that I'm new to both lua language (still, this kind of work shouldn't require deep knowledge) and Rome 2 modding (I have to figure out some stuff). In about a month I'll resume studying, so work will slow down

Patrician

4) ok, plz fix it with the easier way

ah, don't worry man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH39Qia__dc
    you should mod until you hear a voice that asks you: why did I start this? Then quit.
    Btw I have a lot of voices asking me a lot things but I don't care them.

Yes, even deeper changes shouldn't take too much time for a competent scripter, one that has a background.
    Since I don't have it I'll have too learn lua basics, and I don't think I'll ever do that, my way is just to adapt existing scripts (like I'll do with yours when and if you'll do them ).
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 13, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

One question next time. What should I look for in the mod? So that she is now running. So far, I have not noticed anything because there is something doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedulus View Post
    One question next time. What should I look for in the mod? So that she is now running. So far, I have not noticed anything because there is something doing.
    Check out the page of the original mod (Your people's trust) on Steam Workshop. There is a brief summary and some pictures

Patrician

@ Sedulus: can't understand your questions, here.
    Yes, submod is fine but not well balanced.
    Are you asking what you can start working on? Or are you asking about txt modifications? Or did ivanpera answered you?

This is what alpha will contain:
    - change those event bug
    - revised libraries
    - probably add those Tullyccro's features
    - a 4 tpy and a 12 tpy version

so we'll have a stable playable version to work on if someone wants to improve it.

Dunno, if you want to work on something, you could start understanding how to do events (have no exp with that but should be quite easy).
    Check if inside magnar's tut there is something: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ding-tutorials
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 13, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

No, I just wanted to know what I recognize in the game, whether the mod is active or what I have to pay attention to. For example in a unit mod I see new units, etc. do you understand?
    I'd like to rummage a bit, but I think I'm a little too untalented. But I like to give good tips. :-)

Lowered some thresholds and continued converting text to Latin equivalents (or approximates). Link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jusbps...puli.pack/file

Also re-tooled a few triggers for campaigning vs. garrisoning. Will try to get some more time to discuss ideas, there is some real potential with this system that is already making campaigns very interesting.

Am considering altering some effects so that "high" does not always equal good. As in, public perception of extravagant wealth or excessive war (or peace) as it shapes public order, productivity, etc... Would be interesting to work out a "golden mean" system to public perception and related effects.
    Last edited by tullyccro; August 13, 2018 at 06:38 PM.

Patrician

Much appreciated tullyccro!

I'm not so sure about those latin names. Idea is good but I'm afraid it might be not easy to be assimilated by a standard user. We'll see.
    Thx for pack, it is always better to keep in mind ideas and check uploaded packs for comparing.

I've begun checking/modifying libraries/scripts and having a better general tech knowledge about people's trust system.
    I'm planning (just planning, with an eye on factibility) a lot of changes to this system. After realeasing first alpha version, I'll describe them.
    ...per aspera ad astra...
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 13, 2018 at 07:17 PM.

Appreciate all the work on your part already to get this integrated over and expanded. Trying to keep the Latin decipherable (using familiar roots common to most modern languages) but I enjoy the immersion tbh. Would be happy to work out a Latin/English variation with you. I'm somewhat versed in Latin political/religious history and terminology so I can always write a tutorial type thing to justify concepts.

Eager to see the direction you take. Agree with the commenter a few posts back who stated that religio/pietas was an integral part of society at that time and to see it enter the game as a factor would be interesting, accurate and immersive. If we can integrate public pathos into gameplay effects it will be rewarding, rather than just a 1-100 Public Order scale.

The DeI community continues to astound me. I have been contributing to mods/submods since the RTW days and this board (DeI) is what keeps me coming back.

Salve D.e.Imperatores

Patrician

@ tullyccro

This is an open development thread, so thanks goes to everyone!

- For me latin is more than ok, so I'm with you, just don't be too uncatchy with terminologies (or we'll do a little manual for reference). Notice that, most probably, libraries will change, I think there will be more terms.
    I fear they'll be too many for latin, but there is space both for latin and english inside UI.
    So,

- Yeah, a little omen system (or pathos) is incorporated for future plans.
    Fides may mean both trust and faith in latin, as you'll surely know. So it fits well.
    Think it will be used for custom and random events, to define a certain period (dunno, 1 year) and assign bonus/maluses to Fides points.
    People was surely superstitous back in those years, and capable of changing attitude 'cause his sheeps did not defecate enough!
    So,

- Happy to hear!

Anyway, after alpha release we'll move discussions on steam, to feel more comfortable in chatting!

Salve D.e.Imperatores
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 13, 2018 at 08:28 PM.

Now that I've found what I was looking for ... Yes, sometimes you do not see the forest for the trees.
    How about if there were awards for the units?
    There were also Phalarra and Coronae on the standards.

Patrician

"Awarding" (RPG) units is a complex feature that I'm planning to do for testudo. It will remain out (for now) for FP future developments.
    Phalarra and Coronae, where were they? In history? Are you suggesting to use them in place of olympic medals?

The awards of a unit, say the centurie, were attached to the signum. If you look at Signum at Google, you'll see these rounds slices.
    These were the awards for the units. It would work like the general. When you go to unity then the phalarra appear for the number of defeated enemies or participation in battles. This in turn would give a bonus to the morale.

Patrician

^ understood and surely coherent.
    I agree to put historical symbols, but we still have to decide specifically towards which kind of "attitude" FP will go.
    Think it will be a loyalty attitude more than a militaristic/statesman attitude, I think.
    Militaristic/statesman won't be used 100% for sure, for reasons still to come, trust me.
    But the system will be similar, so we'll need something like Phalarra and Coronae.