Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_02 version for DeI - aug.08/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Thx summer bearded oracle!

@ivanpera: you know what would be a great idea?
    Divide faction effects into packs, depending on libraries' different lists. To work this way:
    - having many effects depending on things like buildings/traits/politics and many other
    - these gives you an effect (related to own nature) like trust's faction one. But you'll have many, some can be good ('cause you are good at buildings), other bad (only bad traits)
    - then having a global trust effect like the one we have now.
    (it would be the paradise of micromanagement and you could have things like war weariness, patron of the art and bla bla)

This won't be easy to script, but not impossible, probably it will be heavy for cpu. Dunno, we'll see in time.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 09, 2018 at 09:23 AM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_02 version for DeI - aug.08/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Thx summer bearded oracle!

@ivanpera: you know what would be a great idea?
    Divide faction effects into packs, depending on libraries' different lists. To work this way:
    - having many effects depending on things like buildings/traits/politics and many other
    - these gives you an effect (related to own nature) like trust's faction one. But you'll have many, some can be good ('cause you are good at buildings), other bad (only bad traits)
    - then having a global trust effect like the one we have now.
    (it would be the paradise of micromanagement and you could have things like war weariness, patron of the art and bla bla)

This won't be easy to script, but not impossible, probably it will be heavy for cpu. Dunno, we'll see in time.
    It should be doable, but it will definetly require time and good planning so, if you have something specific in mind tell me and then I'll try to do a small demo just to test things out

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

It is working on ongoing campaign, I m getting like -4 per turn while I m hitting end turn just to see should I start new campaign

Lvl 1 (300) negative buffer. Suicide zone
    Lvl 2-7 dynamic zone (leaf in the wind). Small numbers are more noticeable . Starting point should be 3 (on the edge any error cost a lot)
    lvl 8- 10 hard to get and expensive (1200). Lvl 8 as positive buffer and lvl 9 and 10 very small very fast decay (no -5 corruption for ages)

New campaign - 14 per turn. Few battles and few buildings and I m safe in the middle for few turns. Using Hardcore mod will push me in to below 300 (slow building time). Without it your first farm should be in 2nd turn. Shrine in 4 and rest of buildings soon. Including town upgrades.
    Food check , battles and town centers should push me in to better position in less than 20 turns. Without hardcore (Rome) I will double my size by that time, with hardcore will need 30 turns but I will not have enough buildings (jobs, etc) to rush to max in 40 turns.

Expansionist +10 - rest I don't even look because every battle in first 20 turns is usually heroic and I will be swimming in fame. Slower perk progression might offset this (hardcore) but after 40 turns I will be climbing to max without delay.
    Will have battle in 2nd and few in 4th turn. Than battle every 2 turns (3 with hardcore)

Strangely my save from tun No20 (started without mod) show decay of 4 but this is without any fame generated .
    I hope that I will not get updated with new DLC today.
    Thinking of uninstalling steam. Broke and stop playing most of my games because I m not in control of updates and mod updates.
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 09, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Hi!

Can we play this mod with "cultural_tension", and "de_ai_arbitriis_softcore" ???

Lupo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Hi!

Can we play this mod with "cultural_tension", and "de_ai_arbitriis_softcore" ???

Lupo!

I believe they should be compatible. Neither of them uses scripts and the db tables for Fides Populi usi mostly custom stuff

Patrician

@lupo: as per ivanpera said, and as per written near download link.
    There is no softcore DAIA, or you did that?

Yesterday I worked on remaking UI icons and texts, added a trust effect, so they are 11 now, 5 good, 5 bad, 1 average with these points (from 1 to 1000) - thx to ivanpera for making different ranges possible via script -
    Let me know what you think:

-- bad trust:
    -- trust lvl 1: 1-149 (148)
    -- trust lvl 2: 150-249 (99)
    -- trust lvl 3: 250 - 339 (89)
    -- trust lvl 4: 340 - 409 (69)
    -- trust lvl 5: 410 - 469 (59)

-- average trust (starting points at 500):
    -- trust lvl 6: 470 - 529 (59)

-- good trust:
    -- trust lvl 7: 530 - 599 (69)
    -- trust lvl 8: 600 - 679 (79)
    -- trust lvl 9: 680 - 799 (119)
    -- trust lvl 10: 800 - 889 (99)
    -- trust lvl 11: 900 - 1000 (100)

What reamains to be done?
    - Revise libraries and assign trust points values (this will need trials for balancing) - think I'll balance them to start with negative curve, so you'll have to work to begin going towards good effects
    - Revise faction effects and assign values (let me know which trust effects you would give, in your opinion)

How is this mod?
    - Well it's good (it will with a more advanced version), mostly for people that likes to follow a certain complexity through different turns
    - There is the need to find a way for not having a yes/no mod. I'm speaking about bounuses and maluses. Imo, when you have good trust, you can't have just bonuses and vice versa. Too simple.
    - It is slightly rigid. There are a lot of values (library ones) but just one final effect. Best thing would be to divide Fides Populi into 3 effects: a global one (like now) and two specific, military (war weariness) and civic (civic weariness?).
    This way it will be multidimensional and less flat, you could be bad with military but good and civic and have a mitigation through global effect.
    - generals's buffs have to be checked yet, I didn't see them in-game. Someone had? Idea of having differences between civic, balanced and military general is cool (top would be having 5 and not 3 typologies), but it will have to be balanced

@Sonny: thx for reporting, I'll keep in mind, so basically:
    - replenishment is no more bugged
    - there is the tendency to lose points too much (ivanpera said the same)
    correct?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 10, 2018 at 06:29 AM.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

hi!

The answer to your question:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1149002775

MfG Lupo!

Starting fresh big faction (Rome again). Hardcore is on so I will get far less from buildings in the beginning.
    I think that I will hit lvl 3. Must have some battles but -14 was not that bad.
    It fits in 59 middle. My hope is to get some ups and downs. Will see if I will get -4 by turn 20

Did not managed to trigger famous general in city and tried to check general (this force) effect but it was not displayed (checked only replenish rate because I remember only those). Lost old saves to new update but new saves will have FP from start in real campaign.

Bad trust- less corruption (you are killing to stay in power). Good trust - more corruption (you are bribing more).
    Bad trust brute force. Good trust -diplomacy.

Renaming trust to personality or something else. Shaping people mind , propaganda etc to make both paths viable (and center).
    You want war . Do some preps to shape people mind and benefit. Want to build - keep things calm - center. You want to be Emperor - give people money and calm down political parties and diplomacy (trade)

Just some ideas for buffs. Will see how I can get bad or good

Patrician

@ Sonny: yours are good ideas, I've mixed them up with mine. Thx.

beta_03 - aug.10/18 @ 1st post
    Think this will be the last of beta releases, before going working with libraries and pass to alpha.

What's new?
    - trust points are now from 1 to 1000 and have scaled deltas (check description into faction summary to know current delta)
    - faction effects are now 11, 5 "bad", 1 average, 5 "good"
    - redone UI (they change colour depending on trust lvl) and revised texts
    - overhauled effects. They are 20 now (yes, they are many), some will be good with "bad", some will be bad with "good".
    - changed a little some library constants, but don't expect too much from them yet.

Please report experience.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 10, 2018 at 03:03 PM.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

I think I‘ve seen a war weariness script on steam already, so maybe you should focus on civil unrest.
    Though a different approach to war weariness could be something with the PoR script?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

^ War weariness script should be easy to do, it's one of the things I'm planning to do for testudo.
    I've already lowered population almost to a point of no return, so I don't think that would be my way, but I'll think about. Thx
    Implementing a war weariness variation into FP would be correct imo.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 10, 2018 at 05:18 PM.

civil_general_buff_001 Removed? Removed? tax_growth_1.png faction

Judging by junction table you still use Balanced general and civil general 1

Patrician

^ That line should not produce any effect. I haven't seen any general effect, if I remember well, Prime said this should show on region panel.
    Didn't touch generals yet.

In the mod's description it is stated that civil generals, in order to provide corruption reduction, must be stationed in a city.
    Isn't it working?

Patrician

Not for me, but probably they must be of a certain level, maybe 3, I never passed 2. I'll check scripts.

Description say R6 agents and generals with medals . Legendary generals are the best.
    It will be long time before I have lvl 6 general . I did not trigger anything with 67% popularity civil general with lots of battles but it was not fresh start.

Found mostly updates to trust after this lines game should update buffs
    local function Prime_CharacterEntersGarrison(context) -- Merge v1.2 & v1.3 events

--Log("Prime_CharacterEntersGarrison", "Popular Civil General entered Garrison - Buff 4");

So it is listed on Imperium page. It is not event ?

Yup it is third picture on mod page . I was looking in wrong place (Events)
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

Patrician

I didn't start to look at scripts seriously, before doing this I wanted to have a good FP skeleton adaptation for starting working at it.
    Think this generals' part will be quite overhauled (if possible and capable) but first I want to see what DeI team has in mind for those 3 traits (that are still blank in DeI).
    I don't want to do FP too similar to DeI choices or go against them.
    My submodding philosopy is not to do overhauls, but specific modifications (or upgrades if possible) to vanilla DeI features.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 11, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

You have an amazing mod here guys Been waiting for it for ages. Only problem is.. I can't see any download link (and I don't think I am missing anything). Sorry for asking but could you give me the link in a reply, please? Thanks

Patrician

here is what i've done for global trust effects in beta_03 (values are scaled) - prime_trust_6 means average trust lvl
    green: better with good trust, worse with bad
    yellow: better with bad trust, bad with good
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@nichita: thx. #1 post inside spoiler, click on show. Please report your experience with FP.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 11, 2018 at 09:22 AM.