Thread: Installation problem

Default Installation problem

Hi everyone,

I've just installed the mod to live out some nostalgia, and there seems to be a problem. The menu is exactly how I remember it when I played XGM 10 years ago, but the main campaign is literally identical to Vanilla RTW.

I ran the installer from the sticky and clicked 'Run on Steam' and 'Run on BI' and changed the launch properties on Steam as instructed.

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."- The last words of General John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in the American civil war

Default Re: Installation problem

It's a little late, but I sympathise with anyone having trouble with XGM nostalgia in this day and age.

Where exactly is the "xgm" folder? What exactly do you have in the launch properties bar?

Default Re: Installation problem

I had the same problem. The issue is that the 5.9.29 installer no longer knows how to locate the installation directory. This manifests as leaving the "destination folder" blank when going through the installer. Simply choose the correct installation directory for your RTW install, which should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold\

By the way, the 5.9.28 installer guesses this directory correctly, and doesn't try to go off the outdated registry information. By changing the download sticky to point to that installer, future people won't have this issue.