Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Downloading videos

  1. #1

    Default Downloading videos

    I like to download the battle videos from places like youtube. Some of the anmimated ones are very good. What do people use to download videos for personal use. I dont mind paying if the programme is any good

    Thanks

  2. #2
    King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nidaros
    Posts
    2,475

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Well, you can download videos directly off YouTube, at least on mobile. On the same place as the like buttons are, iirc. Might only go through the app though.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Signature by Lifthrasir



  3. #3
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens-Greece
    Posts
    9,381

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    You don't need to pay for a Pro Version of any app for that. Just use a simple free online version like qdownloader.

  4. #4
    Araval's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tartu, Estonia
    Posts
    3,278

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    I use 3D Youtube Downloader. It lets you choose between all available video and audio streams of different quality

  5. #5

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    I always use Youtube Downloader to download youtube video and facebook. They will give you all video quality, so you can choose any resolution what you want to download.

  6. #6
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens-Greece
    Posts
    9,381

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Quote Originally Posted by agade View Post
    I always use Youtube Downloader to download youtube video and facebook. They will give you all video quality, so you can choose any resolution what you want to download.
    Welcome to the Forums

  7. #7

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    I use clipgrab. You cand download videos and, if you want, convert them to music during the same process.

  8. #8
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens-Greece
    Posts
    9,381

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I use clipgrab. You cand download videos and, if you want, convert them to music during the same process.
    Ιs it any better than 3D downloader or qdownloader ? Haven't tested it tbh.

  9. #9
    AqD's Avatar (~‾▿‾)~
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    9,612

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Use youtube-dl

    It's offline, portable and open sourced.

  10. #10
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens-Greece
    Posts
    9,381

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Use youtube-dl

    It's offline, portable and open sourced.
    Totally forgot about it. Good call

  11. #11

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Ιs it any better than 3D downloader or qdownloader ? Haven't tested it tbh.
    unfortunately I can not help you, I've only used youtube-dl and this one (and before one called vlc-donwloader or something like that). In my opinion its only negative aspect is that it tries to integrate itself to the desktop but it does not succeed (in linux*, probably in windows that function works). For the rest, it seems perfect: you choose the video quality, you choose if you want to download it as an audio file, you choose the destination...

    *the program is free and open source.

  12. #12
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens-Greece
    Posts
    9,381

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    unfortunately I can not help you, I've only used youtube-dl and this one (and before one called vlc-donwloader or something like that). In my opinion its only negative aspect is that it tries to integrate itself to the desktop but it does not succeed (in linux*, probably in windows that function works). For the rest, it seems perfect: you choose the video quality, you choose if you want to download it as an audio file, you choose the destination...

    *the program is free and open source.
    Good to know mate. I'll check it for any future reference. Thank you

  13. #13

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    From my android devices i use this one
    http://dentex.github.io/
    I found it easy and fast. Most of the time i download videos as mp3s with this app

  14. #14

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Try this https://www.mp3converter.net/ Free YouTube video downloader.

  15. #15
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens-Greece
    Posts
    9,381

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro_TWH View Post
    From my android devices i use this one
    http://dentex.github.io/
    I found it easy and fast. Most of the time i download videos as mp3s with this app
    Quote Originally Posted by aarya101 View Post
    Try this https://www.mp3converter.net/ Free YouTube video downloader.
    Looking good
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 17, 2019 at 09:03 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Downloading videos

    In order to download full HD 1080p videos I recommend using https://youtubemp4.biz/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •