Thread: Praise for Ancient Empires

Default Praise for Ancient Empires

I just wanted to say a big thanks and well done to the team!

I bought Attila (on sale) a while ago purely to play this mod when I saw it advertised. After a long wait I was so excited when I saw a campaign beta was announced.
    I had a whole bunch of issue with the Attila launcher for a good while and made do by playing Rome with DEI, but just recently I have finally gotten this mod working and I have to say: wow, worth the wait!

For immersion and gameplay, I'm only a few turns in and I am already hooked. The Attila engine with family tree, character stats, technology and unit upgrades fit so well. The detail and complexity in public order, sanitation and money making is great, if a work in progress. I have no idea what Im doing with the buildings but I LOVE the amount of options, and the fact I have no idea what to do with all the buildings having multiple chains and a whole lot of information make it worthwhile to actually THINK about what you have to build.
    I am sure the balancing of PO, sanitation, money and other things will continue to be reworked as it is debated, but so far I like the challenge it has been, but then I have no problems installing the softcore mod if needed later on.
    The battles are well paced so far, and look gorgeous. I love how many unique cities there are, and as a history nerd who has spent some time in Turkey I was stoked to see Ephesus represented so well as one of the most important cities of the ancient world.

I feel like I could go on, but basically, I have not felt so involved, engaged or immersed in a game that feels epic since my early days playing Rome 1 and EB.

A few bugs, in the upper walls of the Ephesus battle map there are some pathfinding issues and units walk down the wall.
    There are also 4 battle maps in custom battles that have no name?

Minor points, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. Congrats team, you have done a marvellous job!

Default Re: Praise for Ancient Empires

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! It has all been a project long in development and we are glad that people are finally able to play and enjoy it. Rest assured that it is being continually updated, and we have big plans for the future. Again, thank you!
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Thank you for the kind words buddy, always nice to hear as it has been a lot of hard work making this project.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I concur. I'm having an absolute blast with Pella even there are still some bugs and balances that still need ironing out.

First reuniting Macedon (Achean league stupidly declared war on me for whatever reason even when they had no army lol), then snatching Dalmatia from the Dalmataes and Galabri. Now pushing into Selucid land.

All at the same time managing faction politics, watching the trait of the faction Heir (who unfortunately got some disease that reduces his command to 1 and makes him very likely to die prematurely). Managing characters (was lucky and rolled a commander with military genius! who then got 11 command after winning 2 battles! Alexander the second!). Managing province policies (keep switching from importing food and sports and games as seasons changes). And of course smashing the AI new ones (AI love to charge into my set up phanalnx walls which is just great)!

I completely agree with Twymark!
    Writer of Historia Romana

I'm curious about the number of downloads. Can you see the total download number of AE somewhere?

You can on the Steam workshop. Though I imagine there is some slight inconsistency.

24.878, that's sick

Eladryel's Avatar Foederatus

I have to agree, this is my favorite mod on the citadel (sorry, I love Mass Effect, too). Attila game mechanics, ancient time frame and historical accuracy is the perfect combo for me. Thank you guys.

I would like to add my praise too. Great work, excellent mod! Keep up the good work ;-)

Oh stop praising them. They will get fat and lazy. Tell them they are not working hard enough or smart enough.

Where's that whip emoji when you need it?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Zom - thats my type of attitude. Truly appreciated sir.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

don't be discouraged by minor setbacks!!!!

you're doing a good job.. !!!

best mod ive played for attila hands down, keep up the great work