Thread: Letters to York, Canterbury and Durham.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Letters to York, Canterbury and Durham.

As he lied severely injured in his room at Norfolk Castle Sir Roger de Mowbray had letters penned to the Archbishop of York(his uncle), the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Bishop of Durham.

Letter towards the clergy
    Your Eminence,

I write to you with the heavy heart that my Father, Lord Roger de Mowbray has been arrested by his Grace the King of England.

My father mortally injured Gilbert de Clare and was arrest by his Grace the King even though he had sanctioned the very honor duel that had led to the untimely death of Lord de Clare. There had been no first blood until my father accidental struck Lord de Clare and killed him in the process. The King seems to be heavily effected by this loss and seems vengeful.

It was not long before reports came in that Richard de Clare's has viciously attacked my father's estates, murdered the men and raped the defenseless women. Even going as far as to flaying the good Christian people that resisted and hanging them before Warwick castle to rot while leaving others that have been continuously raped or executed to rot on the fields. Then news arrived that Richard de Clare himself was besieging Norfolk Castle.

Eventually, with the kings consent I had departed his expedition into wales with 700 of my fathers best men and saw about the defeat of Richard de Clare outside the walls of Norfolk Castle. It be at heavy cost to my own body. I have been so heavily injured that there is fear for my life. Yet I do not believe and pray that it is god's plan for me to die just yet.

I would implore you your Eminence to come to our aid in any way you can your Grace. I fear for the death of my Lord father who was righteously chosen by God to emerge the victor in his duel for honor. Would it not be God's will to strike down the other man if it happened so? I ask of you your Eminence that you aid in the release of my father and the ending of the vicious feud the de Clare family has instigated against my own family, killing and grievously mutilating the good Christian tenants of my fathers estate.

Signed, Waxed and sealed,
    Sir Roger de Mowbray

OOC: I have no knowledge about clery titles and way of properly addressing them. I'm also a little stressed for time so I hope this is ok and doesn't offend anyone.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Letters to York, Canterbury and Durham.

50/50 chances given the action committed by de Mowbray and the actions committed by de Clare
    1 - 10, unsuccessful, 11 - 20, successful.

Durham: 8, unsuccessful
    Canterbury: 4, unsuccessful
    York: 11, successful

Durham shows no desire to aid and nor does Canterbury seems inclined, despite a recent conversation with the Dowager Queen Matilda, and believes that the rather unchristian actions of de Clare are unheard of since the time that the Huns ravaged the Roman Empire. York answers favorably to Mowbray.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; August 07, 2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed