Thread: Variantmesh problem with custom lord

Default Variantmesh problem with custom lord

Hello everyone

I've got a strange problem with my lord in the campaign that I hope somebody here might be able to help me with. It looks like the game is getting a little bit confused about my custom lord's variant, since he sometimes is recruited with the vanilla marauder chieftain appearance (he otherwise has my lord's stats, skills, abilities, animations, etc). Also, I sometimes see other non-Norse lords using his appearance, like Runelords or Arch-Lectors. I tried asking some of my friends about this problem, but they said they'd never seen it before.

I hope someone can help me fix this, as the mod's otherwise ready to be put up for download. Thanks a lot.

Default Re: Variantmesh problem with custom lord

Quote Originally Posted by Kotrag View Post
    Hello everyone

I've got a strange problem with my lord in the campaign that I hope somebody here might be able to help me with. It looks like the game is getting a little bit confused about my custom lord's variant, since he sometimes is recruited with the vanilla marauder chieftain appearance (he otherwise has my lord's stats, skills, abilities, animations, etc). Also, I sometimes see other non-Norse lords using his appearance, like Runelords or Arch-Lectors. I tried asking some of my friends about this problem, but they said they'd never seen it before.

I hope someone can help me fix this, as the mod's otherwise ready to be put up for download. Thanks a lot.
    In campaign_character_arts tables, does he and another entry have the same ID? Try setting some big number that is certainly not to clash with others, like 636363.

Default Re: Variantmesh problem with custom lord

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenixx View Post
    In campaign_character_arts tables, does he and another entry have the same ID? Try setting some big number that is certainly not to clash with others, like 636363.
    No, I always give my units and lords very weird id numbers. In any case, the problem apparently originated from a bug in the game causing the Norse Lord not to have a character_art id.