Thread: Enabling custom abilities in skill tree

Default Enabling custom abilities in skill tree

Hello everyone.

I've made some working abilities for my custom lord and am now trying to enable them through his skill tree so that ge gets them while he levels up. So I made entries in the effects_table and in effects_bonus_value_ability_junctions and added the effect to character_skills_levels_to_effect_junctions. However, the ability doesn't show up in the skill tree and he just starts with his custom ability (because I added it to land_units_to_unit_abilities_junction).

If someone could give me a little help with this it would be greatly appreciated because I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong right now.

Default Re: Enabling custom abilities in skill tree

you need to make new entries in character_skills and character_skill_nodes as well. character_skill_nodes is for the skill tree where you have to enter your new character_skill

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermorgen View Post
    you need to make new entries in character_skills and character_skill_nodes as well. character_skill_nodes is for the skill tree where you have to enter your new character_skill
    Yes, I did that too of course. The custom skill showed up in the tree, but it was blank and didn't enable the ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Kotrag View Post
    Yes, I did that too of course. The custom skill showed up in the tree, but it was blank and didn't enable the ability...
    Disregard that, I actually managed to find out how to fix it. Apparently, I had to reconstruct the abilities and assign them to skills and nodes in the same session, instead of making the abilities first and then adding them to skills later.

The mod's nearly done now! Just have to fix the black campaign portraits and his variantmesh being randomly used for other non-Norse lords.