Thread: Late Era Campaign 1370

Default Late Era Campaign 1370

Greetings,

I am currently putting together a quick Late Era Campaign that begins in 1370. At this point it will not be especially historical, but more of an opportunity to play with Late Era units in a reasonable setting. A more historical version will follow in the next update

In this version, the Mongols have been reset as The Golden Horde, while Kwarezm is now the Jalairid Sultanate. Would anyone like to take a stab at updating the descr_strat.txt and campaign_script.txt files for the Late Era? I could do it myself, but right now I have plenty of other things to do driving things towards a release as quickly as possible. I have attached those two files as they are for the High Era Campaign (1220). Note that the campaign script has been broken into two files because the upload limit to TWC is 1MB.

For descr_strat, the units, buildings and leaders would need to be brought up to Late Era level, plus the Teutonic Order and Golden Horde would have established regions rather than appear by event. For the campaign_script, I think the only change would be to remove the script sections dealing with those 2 events.

Would very much like to add this in if I can get permission: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post15520485
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 03, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Late Era Campaign 1370

That Pike and Shot Submod looks nice. I don't know how to change descr_strat to make the 2 factions present on the map but there is a mod that does something similar. Total Eras Conquest: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Total-Conquest. It uses an earlier version of RR/RC and has multiple campaigns eras. You could ask uanime5 or Ricky Toledo if they would be willing to help.

Its not difficult, its just a bit of work. But I remember that mod, I used to be in contact with uanime5, will do so again, good idea cheers

Hi PB, did you end up speeding up jav/archer aim and reload time for this patch? I remember you mentioned it some time ago but I can't recall what you actually did

Javelin, both foot and mounted, yes - the aiming time has been reduced to pretty much zero, so they get into position and throw immediately. Archers were already sped up and did not need it further - as someone pointed out, better quality archers already shot higher poundage bows for more damage with slightly better range anyway

OK to do this Late Era campaign in an even remotely historical fashion will be a lot of work. Convert Kwarezm to the Jalairid Sultanate, the Mongols to the Golden Horde, add in Georgia, Burgundy and another faction (contingent on removing the Cumans). It would also be good to perhaps remove a bunch of Early and High Era units and replace them with new Late Era ones. I could do all that, but realistically I need assistance and it would push the release back *at least* a month, which I am not willing to do - its been long enough! So look for it in a future update (y).

What I will do however is make a last-minutepush to get the three mini-campaigns working - The Reconquists (1146), The Hundred Years War (1337) and The Italian Wars (provisionally 1494). As I mentioned elsewhere, all three generate an inexplicable error which I have so far been unable to solve - I am pretty sure its the way I have them set up to integrate with the Launcher app. The good news is, if I can solve it for one, it will be solved for all.

Aside from that, *everything* is done except for the 2TPY versions of each campaign, which are currently underway and will be completed soon!
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 09, 2018 at 08:00 PM.

Woohoo! Mini-campaigns finally all working, all that needs to be done now before the release is to complete the 2TPY files for all campaigns and do the initial settlements, units and follow-on reinforcement units events for the Italian Wars 1494.
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 10, 2018 at 07:05 AM.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Nice.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Super excited! Really looking forward to this PB!

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Also including 'Italian City States 1280-1450' mini-campaign, featuring Venice, Milan, HRE, Sicily and Hungary.

Still having some issues with these mini-campaigns, right now they are the only things holding up the release. Have asked Gigantus for some help, he is a guru and is back later this week.