Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Enemies of the People? Trump's Assault on the Press

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Enemies of the People? Trump's Assault on the Press

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Wrong way round. That was true under the Articles of Confederation, not under the current Constitution (Although some Southerners seems to have failed to get the memo caused a tiff a while back).
    Sounds like you've never heard of the Tenth Amendment before.

In England 'trump' means the same as 'fart' which is weird when it's on the news and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    Sounds like you've never heard of the Tenth Amendment before.
    Sounds like you've failed to hear about literally 200 years of judicial history which has smashed that perspective to dust.

When the North was pissed at the south for tariffs on manufactured goods, the South levee'd the argument that they were unable to dissolve the union. When the South seceded, the vast majority of states rebuffed and said no you can't. This has been the ruling dozens of times and in no way is true whatsoever. The constitution gives draconic powers to the federal government which allows it to supercede almost anything a state does.

The EU has some draconic clauses but ultimately there is no central authority of the EU, it is a true confederation whereas the US is a federalist union.
    "Pride is not the antidote of Shame but its source, humility is its only true antidote." - Iroh

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    @ Elfdude, I don't give a for your condescending appraisal of my strategy. You haven't addresses a single point because I think you're unable to. I'm embarrassed for you honestly. Never has somebody so pathetically claimed the moral high ground. Piss poor debating, piss poor. I accept your surrender. Absolutely pathetic. Phalera my ass.
    When all else fails insult your opponents.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13