Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Tommy Robinson wins appeal, released on bail

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Tommy Robinson wins appeal, released on bail

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I wonder is it bigoted for a anti-vatican activist to campaign against only catholic church abuse, he must be a horrible sectarian biased against catholics.
    It depends on the motivation and actions of said person.

• If that person's entire focus, and dare I say obsession, was to blame his life problems and everything wrong with the country because of Catholics then yes.
    • If that activist often spreads Protestant 1920s propaganda about how Catholics are unfaithful to the nation because they are loyal to the Church first and country second, then yes.
    • If that person writes up apologia every time Catholics are targeted for being catholics through acts of violence, then yes it is bigoted/ sectarian/ racist.
    • If that person describes Catholics as "enemy combatants", then yes he is bigoted.
    • If that person was solely concerned because the actions were committed by Catholics rather than the action itself, then yes.

The consistent pattern with Tommy is his outrage with a Muslim, or someone who looks Muslim, doing "x" bad thing. This is, I believe, what Jesus Christ defined as a Hypocrite.

also, we could all learn to be a bit more tolerant
    “Everyone should be allowed to have their own opinion but I felt mine was just shot down. I’m terrified and I don’t want to go back.”
    She is terrified because somebody told her they don't want her views in the class. Meanwhile, she supports a guy who wants state surveillance of Muslims, their mosques and insinuates anything less than a China style interment camp will lead to militias taking out enemy combatant Muslims.

The lack of self awareness by such people is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    You can't be "racist" against Muslims, because Islam is not a race. .
    Pakistanis are are race in terms of nationality as are 'Asians' in terms of a racial group. We don't know the religiosity of nonce defendents , except perhaps fallen Catholic or Anglican priests but we do know that Waxy Lemon and former EDL only disrupt the trials of brown defendents.
    Last edited by mongrel; October 11, 2018 at 02:57 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Aexodus's Avatar stahp

If that person's entire focus, and dare I say obsession, was to blame his life problems and everything wrong with the country because of Catholics then yes.
    If that activist often spreads Protestant 1920s propaganda about how Catholics are unfaithful to the nation because they are loyal to the Church first and country second, then yes.
    If that person writes up apologia every time Catholics are targeted for being catholics through acts of violence, then yes it is bigoted/ sectarian/ racist.
    If that person describes Catholics as "enemy combatants", then yes he is bigoted.
    If that person was solely concerned because the actions were committed by Catholics rather than the action itself, then yes.
    He’s right you know. Conflict between protestants and catholic gangs does hold a lot of young people back in the UK.

More British Muslims have joined ISIS than serve in the army

Pointing out the root of the problem isn’t racist.

It was actually quite likely future terrorists lived in a couple of those homes.

That’s basically everyone up in arms about the catholic abuse scandals you do realise. Them being catholic priests is the point.
    Under the patronage of Pontifex Maximus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by elfdude View Post
    I don't understand, clearly if white people simply made better choices to treat others as their equal there wouldn't be all of this justified pushback.

future terrorists.
    So Minority Report.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Aexodus's Avatar stahp

Today Robinson’s case was referred to the Attorney General, with Robinson saying

https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-rob...neral-11533173
    In a statement following the hearing, he said: "It is my understanding that no one in 60 years has been sent to prison for a publication breach of a reporting order."My punishment is exceptional. I would like to be treated in the same manner as any other journalist that has been accused of these allegations."
    Robinson was freed from prison in August after three leading judges quashed a contempt of court finding made at Leeds Crown Court.
    But he could be sent back to jail if he is again found in contempt.
    Channel 4 have a journalist guide that also claims these charges are very rarely actually enforced.

I don't understand, clearly if white people simply made better choices to treat others as their equal there wouldn't be all of this justified pushback.

Today Robinson’s case was referred to the Attorney General, with Robinson saying

https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-rob...neral-11533173

Channel 4 have a journalist guide that also claims these charges are very rarely actually enforced.
    1.He is not a journalist, he's a professional troll. Racists around the globe have rewarded him generously. Not a bad way for a violent ex-con and fraud to make a living.
    2. The charge is contempt surely. He wasn't jailed for the original breach.I'm sure people are jailed upon breaching control orders.
    3.Now he's free until the next hearing,will he fly to Australia and troll their government, given the recent apology from the Australian PM ? Doubtful.
    Last edited by mongrel; October 23, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

I'm illiterate with the UK justice system. Can you guys tell me what this means for his future?

Aexodus's Avatar stahp

The attorney general is the legal adviser to the crown. So it’s a pretty big deal if they’re referring a simple contempt case to the freaking AG, because it’s ‘too complex’.

The general has the power to just discontinue the whole case if he wants to. However his job is also to refer sentences that aren’t harsh enough back to the appeals court. So it could go either way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-45951152
    What happens next?

Now the case has been referred to the attorney general's office, who will decide whether to send the case to the High Court or to drop the contempt proceedings.
    The attorney general's office confirmed there was no set timescale for this decision to be made.
    Quite a saga.
    Last edited by Aexodus; October 23, 2018 at 04:16 PM.

Big deal in what way? Considering the publicity of this whole affair, I can see why the justice system would rather be safe than sorry. Any decision they make, one of the crowds will be pretty mad over the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Big deal in what way? Considering the publicity of this whole affair, I can see why the justice system would rather be safe than sorry. Any decision they make, one of the crowds will be pretty mad over the decision.
    Indeed. Yaxey Lemon needs a good dose of cross-examination, so we can have a consistent account on oaf (sorry oath) as to why he keeps disrupting these specific trials and not those of others commiting similar crimes or worse, for example those of EDL paedo member Peter Gillet https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/li...es-in-crawley/.
    Last edited by mongrel; October 25, 2018 at 02:52 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8