Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMA: Hi! I'm Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Ask me anything!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: AMA: Hi! I'm Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Ask me anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    My great Lord, didn't you hear the mysterious words of alreadyded, speaking of a 'Google' or 'Laptop'. Witchcraft, I say. Ejection from the Citdal won't prevent him from using his spells on folks, who - perhaps are gifted with less intelligence than you, my great lord. This will cause great damage and fear to our people.

Let me humbly ask you to imprison him and try to retrieve information.
    This is wise counseling indeed. I shall see to it that he reveals what he is hiding from the Steward. On that note, won't you stay a while in the Citadel? I could use the services of wise councilors in these dark hours in the constant midst of foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    My noble Steward, Should I buy Rome II or Attila?
    Who is this Attila? A worthy slave of the Uruk-hai for sale? And who is this Rome II? Is he a captive king of distant lands unheard of by the Steward? Who was his father, Rome I? Descendant of a Wainrider of old? Or is this yet another attempt at a practical prank and joke at the Steward's expense, with nonsense gibberish words unfit for these majestic halls? Go on, explain thyself in a manner that befits the occasion and the presence of a steward of Gondor.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    My lord, I have heard some people say that Dol Amroth would do better without Gondor and should become independant. What do you think about this?
    What are these accursed words and treasonous thoughts you speak? Dol Amroth, ever faithful as a fief of Gondor, is suggested by you and these alleged anonymous "people" as a land of oath breakers and traitors to the cause against the one Great Enemy. Need I remind thee that Finduilas of Dol Amroth was my wife and the mother of my sons Boromir and Faramir? Do reveal to the Steward who these traitors are that you speak of and I shall pardon you of any crime in their conspiracy against the realm. Boromir would be most pleased to see such traitors exposed.

This is wise counseling indeed. I shall see to it that he reveals what he is hiding from the Steward. On that note, won't you stay a while in the Citadel? I could use the services of wise councilors in these dark hours in the constant midst of foes.

Sire, it's an honour to serve a great man, descended from an ancient and long-reigning line of pure blood. May my words be of guidance for your mighty deeds.

Though, I bring dark news. As you have wisely noticed, you -- we -- are in the constant midst of foes.

The Dark Enemy, persistently in the sight of our magnificent city, is watching us. Orcs are crossing the glorious Anduin of old with the intent of plundering the lands of Gondor. Pirates from Umbar, descendants from Castamir the Usurper - the scoundrel I say you - are sailing towards our white coasts.

And yet, midst of all this anguish, sorrow and agony. Few are wise enough, without mortal fear, to rule the lands of Elendil. But first, we have to get us rid from those who appear to be fallen for darkness. Shadows have engulfed their hearts. They wish not to see Gondor prosper. They feel surges of anxieties. The rubbish words leaving their mouths are proof of this. Sire, these people should be removed as they are a threat to the people's morale. And no, I feel too much compassion with them to let them weaken in our dungeons. It's better to strengthen their body and spirit by working hard on the galleys. Trade is essential for the kingdom's treasury and thus they will fit a useful role in our kingdom.

With great passion to my new position, I strongly urge you to take the steps as advised. Extreme times require extreme actions.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    Sire, it's an honour to serve a great man, descended from an ancient and long-reigning line of pure blood. May my words be of guidance for your mighty deeds.

Though, I bring dark news. As you have wisely noticed, you -- we -- are in the constant midst of foes.

The Dark Enemy, persistently in the sight of our magnificent city, is watching us. Orcs are crossing the glorious Anduin of old with the intent of plundering the lands of Gondor. Pirates from Umbar, descendants from Castamir the Usurper - the scoundrel I say you - are sailing towards our white coasts.

And yet, midst of all this anguish, sorrow and agony. Few are wise enough, without mortal fear, to rule the lands of Elendil. But first, we have to get us rid from those who appear to be fallen for darkness. Shadows have engulfed their hearts. They wish not to see Gondor prosper. They feel surges of anxieties. The rubbish words leaving their mouths are proof of this. Sire, these people should be removed as they are a threat to the people's morale. And no, I feel too much compassion with them to let them weaken in our dungeons. It's better to strengthen their body and spirit by working hard on the galleys. Trade is essential for the kingdom's treasury and thus they will fit a useful role in our kingdom.

With great passion to my new position, I strongly urge you to take the steps as advised. Extreme times require extreme actions.

Finally! An adviser worthy of the name who speaks with wisdom and foresight! Long have these halls been bereft of such a laudable figure. You speak with such clarity and indeed your words match my own anxieties about the realm. I need only to gather information on these scoundrels who consort with the Dark Lord. Is there so many of them that you have compiled a handy list of those in need of proscription and exile? Such a tool would be useful in rooting them out and justly routing their vile cause before it can gain a real foothold within the kingdom.

Let me express my sincere gratitude to you, sire, by handing over a detailed list of these scoundrels. As always I'm known for my prudence and preparedness.

*Handing over documents*

Though I found no proof of treason. In fact - these people and their farcical tangle of words are only shadows cast by a fire of turmoil. I carefully advise you to send these affected people to the galleys to strengthen their body and spirit. Hotbeds of turmoil are yet to be found however. I will do further investigation, sire. You can count on my sharpened skills. I only require my own seal, office and budget to carry out operations.

I haven't fully introduced myself, have I? My name is Araphor, I'm a direct descendant from Herion, third Steward of Gondor. Gifted with my ancient lineage of pure Númenórean blood, I have gotten enough time to walk on Arda. I have travelled far and established both useful and benefital connections. From all of my connections, by far, Saruman the Wise, head of the White Council, is my greatest friend.

Since we both have discovered that we have the exact same illustrious eyebrows, we are friends for life.

Since Saruman the White was given the keys of the Orthanc by Beren, nineteenth Ruling Steward of Gondor, he has always been a trustful ally of Gondor. Ah, enough talk about wise old whitebeards.

My lord and Ruling Steward of Gondor. With a heavy heart, I have something to confess. I tried to get the acquaintance of your son, Faramir. I was waiting in his room. Then he suddenly walked in and pushed me out. Since my stay here at the Citadel he follows me with distrust. I have endured this with pain in my heart.

While I was waiting at his room - without purpose of course - my eyes were attracted by books, papers and other dusty documents. He appears to like reading about dragons, fairies and lands of old. I say to you that this is unhealthy behavior for such young sons of the kingdom. While I was escaping his rude outburst, he shouted something I couldn't fully hear. But I'm pretty sure he was saying something about an Attila or a Rome. See! These words again! Poison they are! These words are now taking power over the youth. I know how dare your son Faramir is to you and it is with deep sadness that I have to say that I feel his mind is unbalanced. I strongly advise you to send him to the borders of Gondor. His temperament will certainly be useful against the followers of Melkor. Let him reclaim Ithilien, once a lush forest alive with birds and sacred trees, now long lost and abandoned. He's capable with a bow, so he'll fit perfect over there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12