Thread: Will there be surnames?

Default Will there be surnames?

Headline says it all. Will there be surnames or titles for the generals and characters of your family tree e.g. „von Hohenstauffen“, „de Lusignan“ or „Friedrich II.“? In the previous screenshots from the family tree you could only see the first names like Phillipe, Friedrich and Alfonso. Will you add the surnames down the road or is this a limitation in the Attila engine?

P.S. I dont speak about the fact, that every member of the family should have the same surname. I know there are some problems with that in Attlia, but to have only first names is an immersion-breaker and let the generals feel generic, though. Just random-assigned, faction-specific surnames would already do the job.

Default Re: Will there be surnames?

As far as I know, there is no way to have those spawn in any organized and appropriate fashion. It's why it is only given names that are used.

Thanks for the quick response, zsi!
    It´s very unfortunate to hear that there is no system for directly spawning surnames or titles. Maybe they could be added manually as „second first names“, like it was made for the romans in the vanilla game. (e.g. Flavius honorius, Flavius Arcadius, Quintus Symmachus etc.) So there could be at least some combinations like for example „Charles the Bold/Charles III./Charles de Lusignan“ and not just a generic „Charles“ who rules your kingdom. Would this be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburrg View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, zsi!
    It´s very unfortunate to hear that there is no system for directly spawning surnames or titles. Maybe they could be added manually as „second first names“, like it was made for the romans in the vanilla game. (e.g. Flavius honorius, Flavius Arcadius, Quintus Symmachus etc.) So there could be at least some combinations like for example „Charles the Bold/Charles III./Charles de Lusignan“ and not just a generic „Charles“ who rules your kingdom. Would this be possible?
    To be perfectly honest, I believe there is some inheritance mechanic for the gens name, but I really haven't bothered with that so much. At the same time, since your ruling dynasty is already named, it becomes kind of redundant, but the mechanic could be revisited at a later time in the mod's development.

Sounds promising. Thanks again!