Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Berkhamsted Castle

Default Re: Berkhamsted Castle

He is admitted into the audience chamber, where Cecilia waits with a throng of courtiers and servants.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

William gracefully bowed greeting his cousin, the bow was merely a formality but one that was necessary when in view of the public.

Dearest cousin how doth fair?

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    William gracefully bowed greeting his cousin, the bow was merely a formality but one that was necessary when in view of the public.

Dearest cousin how doth fair?
    “Dear William, be welcome.”

Greeted the Queen, seated as she always was upon the central throne.

Citizen

Thank you cousin, I’ve come with disheartening news about my marriage with Joan de Lacy. I will be to travel to Rome to obtain an annulment for our marriage, over the course of our marriage Joan has only shown to be the worst of wives she is cold, distant, dead, and refuses to have children. These are issue that I cannot reconcile with especially the unwillingness to have children, that is her sole responsibility as a wife. It is with my sincerest apologizes cousin but your friend was never meant to be a wife, her destiny was to join a nunnery.
    Last edited by Lord William; August 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM.

Section Editor ES

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

"Liar!"

Bellowed Joan across the audience chamber loudly and entirely displeased, not restraining her emotions. Joan was back at the Queen's court for some time now.

"It is you who cavorts with lowborn peasants, it is YOU who can't get children." William proved to be a complete disappointment, he was disgusting, boring and adulterous. Gilbert at least was a capable man, but that fire was dulled in William it seemed.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Has the marriage even been consummated?"

The Queen leaned forward in her seat, a little incredulity audible in her tone. No wonder the couple had not been able to make children, for they spent all their time apart; Joan never left her side.

"If not then I command thee, lady Joan, to do so this very day and live with your husband for at least a year."

Citizen

William regrettably answered

Unfortunately our wedding night, though she was less lively than corpse and smelled worse than a fish monger.

William cringed at the thought of making love with her again, he then turned to his wife

Would it kill you to bathe and maybe use some scents?

Section Editor ES

"Disgrace!"

Protested Joan loudly throughout the hall, other courtiers muttered disapproval too, Adelize too. Her eyes looked to the roof, the situation became very embarrassing. Especially with William behaving like a barbarian.

"This is too much for me!" She held her hands before her eyes, as if to express disbelief. A servant handed her a glas of water.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; August 20, 2018 at 05:13 AM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

“Enough.”

Cecilia raised an admonishing finger, her expression one of visible disgust.

“There will be no annulment. Lord de Clare, you will live with the lady Joan and make something of this marriage. I will not have my kinsman and his wife behaving like pagans.”

(sometime after this convo finished)

"Madame, may we have a private interview?"

Joan looked to the roof, not wanting to face the eyes of the others. The embarrassment had been so great and the offense so grave that she felt the need to talk about it with the Queen.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    “Enough.”

Cecilia raised an admonishing finger, her expression one of visible disgust.

“There will be no annulment. Lord de Clare, you will live with the lady Joan and make something of this marriage. I will not have my kinsman and his wife behaving like pagans.”
    William couldn’t bare to even look at his wife and now he would have to live with her, he was not pleased with this decision.

By God cousin, I can not bare that woman any longer. I ask you what grave sins have I committed to deserve such a penance?

Section Editor ES

Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    (sometime after this convo finished)

"Madame, may we have a private interview?"

Joan looked to the roof, not wanting to face the eyes of the others. The embarrassment had been so great and the offense so grave that she felt the need to talk about it with the Queen.
    The Queen nodded her consent. The court was, for now, dismissed.

William couldn’t bare to even look at his wife and now he would have to live with her, he was not pleased with this decision.

By God cousin, I can not bare that woman any longer. I ask you what grave sins have I committed to deserve such a penance?

"My lord, we all sin in this life. Perhaps if you do some atonement God will listen to your pleas."

Cecilia chided gently, with a hint of malice.

Citizen

Cousin if I must hold the pope by the throat to make him sign my annulment papers I shall, I won’t live another day under the same roof as that woman. Send her to the nunnery!!!! William said in anger
    I can not live with that gold digging wretch, she has only caused me pain and misery. The vulture only waits for my death so that she my try to steal my lands and enrich the de Lacy name. Did you know cousin that it has been almost 3 years since our marriage, and I have yet to see a dowry? I refuse to leave that venture 1 cent, I have 3 children and upon my death I would like my assets to be given to them

if you have any love for me cousin, you would bless my annulment
    Last edited by Lord William; August 23, 2018 at 03:00 AM.

Section Editor ES

The Queen nodded her consent. The court was, for now, dismissed.
    "Thank you."

Joan seemed to have paled significantly, the entire matter had made her very downcast as of late. She had changed so much because of it, for the worse.

"I am so unhappy with my life, so wretchedly unhappy i think i can not survive this much longer. Yet i try remain a good Christian."

However sinful and harmful William might be it still was not an excuse to do harm yourself. She didn't want perjure her soul.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Cousin if I must hold the pope by the throat to make him sign my annulment papers I shall, I won’t live another day under the same roof as that woman. Send her to the nunnery!!!! William said in anger
    I can not live with that gold digging wretch, she has only caused me pain and misery. The vulture only waits for my death so that she my try to steal my lands and enrich the de Lacy name. Did you know cousin that it has been almost 3 years since our marriage, and I have yet to see a dowry? I refuse to leave that venture 1 cent, I have 3 children and upon my death I would like my assets to be given to them

if you have any love for me cousin, you would bless my annulment

"I think you will live with Joan. Or else I can make our friend the Archbishop aware that you repudiate your wife and live with other women."

Such offence would undoubtedly lead to excommunication.

"A dowry will be arranged. But for now, live in peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    "Thank you."

Joan seemed to have paled significantly, the entire matter had made her very downcast as of late. She had changed so much because of it, for the worse.

"I am so unhappy with my life, so wretchedly unhappy i think i can not survive this much longer. Yet i try remain a good Christian."

However sinful and harmful William might be it still was not an excuse to do harm yourself. She didn't want perjure her soul.
    "Get a grip upon yourself."

Cecilia's heavy lidded eyes suddenly became stern, and she placed a surprisingly strong hand upon Joan's arm.

"Your husband is a fool. But you have neglected him. Refused to pay a dowry, even. For your own sake, you must go with him."

"Get a grip upon yourself."

Cecilia's heavy lidded eyes suddenly became stern, and she placed a surprisingly strong hand upon Joan's arm.

"Your husband is a fool. But you have neglected him. Refused to pay a dowry, even. For your own sake, you must go with him."
    "My father will surely arrange a dowry....."

She'd notice the hand. A dowry was the least of concerns as of now, not that she knew much about such matters. No her concerns were more of a different nature.

"He will harm me......., like he used to do, i am no longer merry." He had been very brutal and very offensive on their first days of marriage, more of a heathen than a Christian.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; August 24, 2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123