Thread: How do I add items to my custom lord?

Default How do I add items to my custom lord?

Hi, I'm making a custom lord for Norsca and I want him to be able to equip potions and such in the custom game. Could someone please give me an idea of which tables I need to edit? I've tried doing it in the battle_set_piece_army_characters_items_tables but it doesn't help.

Thank you.

Default Re: How do I add items to my custom lord?

The tables you are looking for are "ancillaries_tables", "ancillaries_included_agent_subtype", "ancillary_to_included_agents" and "ancillary_included_subculture". I am not sure if you need all of those, but for me it works.

Hmmm, no, that doesn't seemed to have solved the problem unfortunately. Items is skill greyed out on the army selection screen.

I think "ancillary_to_effects_tables" is also needed. Here you can assign effects to your ancillary ranging from stat changes like "wh_main_effect_character_stat_mod_melee_attack" to enabling unit abilities etc.
    Check for available effects in effects_tables with Tweak.

For custom battles you need to assign "set_piece_character" in "units_custom_battle_permissions" to that of an existing norskan lord. This Column defines what items are available in custom battles. Later you can can create your own set_piece_character and add ancillaries to it and so on.

For campaign you have to do it through "agen subtypes" and "ancillaries_to_agent_subtypes".

(writing from work, so some table names may not be exact).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenixx View Post
    For custom battles you need to assign "set_piece_character" in "units_custom_battle_permissions" to that of an existing norskan lord. This Column defines what items are available in custom battles. Later you can can create your own set_piece_character and add ancillaries to it and so on.

For campaign you have to do it through "agen subtypes" and "ancillaries_to_agent_subtypes".

(writing from work, so some table names may not be exact).
    Interesting! How do I make my own set_piece_character?

Copy one from "battle_set_piece_armies_characters_tables" and edit values to your liking, then add items to it with "battle_set_piece_armies_characters_items_tables".

Copy one from "battle_set_piece_armies_characters_tables" and edit values to your liking, then add items to it with "battle_set_piece_armies_characters_items_tables".
    Thank you very much, it all seems to have worked!

I was also wondering if you might know how to fix the portrait bug in the campaign map as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotrag View Post
    I was also wondering if you might know how to fix the portrait bug in the campaign map as well?
    Portrait bug?

Portrait bug?
    Yes, his portrait is missing in the campaign recruitment tab and his porthole is missing during campaign battle loadscreens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotrag View Post
    Yes, his portrait is missing in the campaign recruitment tab and his porthole is missing during campaign battle loadscreens.
    Don't know about that, maybe something with portraits.bin file.

Don't know about that, maybe something with portraits.bin file.
    Thank you anyway.

Hello again guys.

Made a custom battle_set_piece_character and put my items in it. Works fine in custom game. But I also tried to get it available to my lord through his custom skill set, I think I have the tables in order (anciliaries_to_included_agents_subtypes) but he doesn't get his axe when I unlock the skill. If someone could help me out again, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solved the problem on my own. Needed anciliary_required_skills. Thanks everyone.