Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Anti-semitism on the left

Aexodus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Anti-semitism on the left

This thread has nothing to do with recognising palestine.
    I accomplish my course

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I see this in part as a battle between Blairites and Corbynites. There are very few of the latter in Parliament and the former have never really accepted Corbyn's election as leader and I think many were oddly disappointed they didnt fare worse in the General Election.

I thought it was interesting how the British media gloss over the fact that Hajo Meyer, who made the much criticised Nazi Germany comparison, was himself a Holocaust survivor. But when a Holocaust survivor criticises Corbyn, that is treated as vindication of the rebel position.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Your posts have done a great deal to convince me that the British Jews have valid concerns, particularly your willingness to believe in implausible conspiracy theories despite apparently knowing very little about the situation in Israel.

While it's true that Israeli security forces error on the side of the ends justifying the means as matter of policy, Israel is under a press microscope to a degree that no other country in the world is. If the government so much as orders the demolition of an illegally built shack, the international press and Israeli human rights groups are all over it. The Israeli courts regularly rule against the the interests and agenda of the ruling coalition and internal security agencies in favor of the rights of Arabs, when they rule in favor of the government policy, it is likewise something that appears in the media. Elements within the Israeli government engage in controversial practices, but they are no secret.

If it were at all plausible, to use your example, that the perpetrators of the Café Hillel bombing were sentenced to multiple life sentences on invented charges, it would be a running agenda item for hostile media outlets and human rights groups. No one disputes the bombing happened. The defendants admitted their guilt in court, in front the press and their families. They didn't deny their guilt, they were proud of it. Seven Israelis were killed and over fifty were wounded, many very seriously. Why would the Israeli internal security forces forgo searching for the actual perpetrators by arresting surrogates on trumped up charges? It literally makes no sense, unless one believes through some weird prejudice that Israelis are collectively so filled with malice toward Arabs that they would prioritize arresting Arabs for no reason over actually searching for the murderers. Not even the most radically pro-Palestinian of the Arab Israeli MKs have made such an allegation, and these are people who have access to both the defendants and the judges.

From the sentencing of two of them (translated from Hebrew):

I don't doubt somebody affiliated with Labour has, but I was actually referring to the condoning of violence against civilians through expressing solidarity with their murderers.

What's the relevance to the topic?

For being so laughable, you seem pretty desperate to distract from any discussion of it.

So, you miss the whole point of what was being said. How....uninteresting and predictable.

I was saying that Corbyn has NOT expressed solidarity with murderers - he has been on record multiple times expressing that all violence is abhorrent. ALL violence. I was saying that the video is clearly edited and it is not clear who he is talking about - but that the one named individual (see previous posts) appears to be someone who was tortured and imprisoned by a secret court who would not even reveal the evidence to the defendants lawyers. If you think that is reasonable then fair enough, not much point having a discussion with you. If you think that is a bit iffy then you would have no reason to disregard the question Corbyn raised about why that person was in prison in the first place. I'll write this slowly, please read it likewise; Corbyn is not expressing solidarity with murderers but is expressing doubts about the convictions of some of those imprisoned, and the motives behind that.

And, please, where is this rampant (or even nascent) anti-semitism within the 'left'? There are questions about the nature and actions of the state of Israel. End of. Honestly, the whole thing is a bad joke.

The anti-semitism is where elected Labour members say ‘all Jews must be executed’, and such.
    I accomplish my course

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cassibellane View Post
    I was saying that Corbyn has NOT expressed solidarity with murderers - he has been on record multiple times expressing that all violence is abhorrent. ALL violence.
    Are you sure about that?

Not to mention the previously supplied:
    Corbyn said of the IRA terrorists who were killed in the Loughgall attack:
    "I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland."
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rns-ira-links/
    or:
    "Mr Corbyn was arrested in 1986 for joining a protest outside the Old Bailey intended to show solidarity with members of the IRA including Patrick Magee, who was later convicted of the Brighton bombing."
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rns-ira-links/

In addition to calling Hamas and Hezbollah friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I see this in part as a battle between Blairites and Corbynites. There are very few of the latter in Parliament and the former have never really accepted Corbyn's election as leader and I think many were oddly disappointed they didnt fare worse in the General Election.

I thought it was interesting how the British media gloss over the fact that Hajo Meyer, who made the much criticised Nazi Germany comparison, was himself a Holocaust survivor. But when a Holocaust survivor criticises Corbyn, that is treated as vindication of the rebel position.
    This pretty much sums it all up perfectly. It's purely a good political smear whereby disaffected groups within the Labour Party are prepared to break bread with their supposed opponents. It could be a final push to oust Corbyn as leader since they couldn't do it at the ballot.

The only people repeating it both in this thread and in wider society are essentially pro-Israel, pro-Blairite etc. Says it all really.

The only people repeating it both in this thread and in wider society are essentially pro-Israel, pro-Blairite etc. Says it all really.

That couldn’t be further from the truth.
    I accomplish my course

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Yes. What has he actually said on this matter. He didn't lay a wreath at the graves of the PLO leaders he was present along with a number of other people who were at a peace conference. He DID attend a wreath laying at the site of the graves of those killed in the bombing of PLO HQ in Tunisia in 1985.

So, let's be clear here. There were a number of wreaths laid part of the peace conference, he just happened to be there when that one was - as opposed to being actively involved in the wreath to the victims of terrorism.

What did he say abouthat“I was there because I wanted to see a fitting memorial to everyone who has died in every terrorist incident everywhere because we have to end it. You cannot pursue peace by a cycle of violence; the only way you can pursue peace [is] by a cycle of dialogue.”

What was that Jeremy, you off spouting about killing people again? You and your endless support for terrorism, I mean it's only right that I should listen to Benjamin Netanyahu, who oversees the actual murder of people.

Nobody in their right mind reads the Daily Heil for a balanced view of world events, btw.

Why, do you think, does he ‘accidentally’ keep ending up rubbing shoulders with terrorists and extremists, again and again. He was standing at the grave of Black September, Cassilbellane.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I accomplish my course

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Why, do you think, does he ‘accidentally’ keep ending up rubbing shoulders with terrorists and extremists, again and again. He was standing at the grave of Black September, Cassilbellane.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

https://evolvepolitics.com/there-wer...orbyn-visited/

Just to highlight the level of bs going on here. What's been claimed here is (yet again) not just wrong-minded but actually a lie. An out and out untruth. And...Netanyahu is, as a representative of the state of Israel, involved in this lie. Will he apologise via social media do you think? Will the Daily Heil offer a full page apology? Where there are lies one must wonder at the motivations of these people, no?

So, no he wasn't standing at the grave of Black September - hence why he said he may have been, because he clearly had no idea who that wreath was being laid for and he wasn't part of it. It couldn't have been for BlackSeptember because he was in the wrong country.....despite what both the Daily Heil and Netanyahu claim.
    Last edited by Cassibellane; Today at 06:50 AM. Reason: additional comment

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7