Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Anti-semitism on the left

Default Re: Anti-semitism on the left

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    It's a liberal, left leaning daily. Haʾaretz | Israeli newspaper | Britannica.com
    That's probably a fair assessment from a European perspective, but Haaretz is representative of the far left of the current Israeli political spectrum. For example, Israel Hayom and Yedioth Ahronoth are read by 37.6% and 37.7% of the population respectively, whereas Haaretz is only read by 3.9%. That was not always the case, and reflects Israel's shift to the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Anti-semetism on the left

I missed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Nah, Mandela was de-facto a terrorist.
    Just say what you're trying to say. The white colonists were the good guys. The myth of white purity and narratives that fed racism in South Africa

Denied legal avenues for political change, the ANC first turned to sabotage and then began to organize outside of South Africa for guerilla warfare, but there was no independence war against the white minority.
    So what? read the history of African independence movements. In a way, I would say that South Africa white racists were lucky. Indeed, very lucky. After five hundred years in Africa, we were asked to leave.

In South Africa, the emergence of a stable democracy is due to Mandela and his leadership African National Congress | History & Facts | Britannica.com

--
    I'm not sure regarding Ghandi, but he did admire Adolf Hitler
    Gandhi encouraged Hitler to seek peace.
    Gandhi's letter to Hitler:
    your own writings and pronouncements and those of your friends and admirers leave no room for doubt that many of your acts are monstrous and unbecoming of human dignity, especially in the estimation of men like me who believe in universal friendliness. Such are your humiliation of Czechoslovakia, the rape of Poland and the swallowing of Denmark.

We resist British Imperialism no less than Nazism. If there is a difference, it is in degree. One-fifth of the human race has been brought under the British heel by means that will not bear scrutiny. Our resistance to it does not mean harm to the British people. We seek to convert them, not to defeat them on the battlefield. Ours is an unarmed revolt against the British rule. But whether we convert them or not, we are determined to make their rule impossible by non-violent non-cooperation.

...We know what the British heel means for us and the non-European races of the world. But we would never wish to end the British rule with German aid.
    ...I, therefore, appeal to you in the name of humanity to stop the war. You will lose nothing by referring all the matters of dispute between you and Great Britain to an international tribunal of your joint choice. If you attain success in the war, it will not prove that you were in the right. It will only prove that your power of destruction was greater. Whereas an award by an impartial tribunal will show as far as it is humanly possible which party was in the right.

During this season when the hearts of the peoples of Europe yearn for peace, we have suspended even our own peaceful struggle. Is it too much to ask you to make an effort for peace during a time which may mean nothing to you personally but which must mean much to the millions of Europeans whose dumb cry for peace I hear, for my ears are attended to hearing the dumb millions?
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011