Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

I am currently the only developer, so yes. Although I have gotten a lot of scripting help from Gigantus when I hit a roadblock and a lot of the techniques are based on stuff Withwnar came up with in the forums.

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

That is quite impressive, I bet some of these scripts are pretty lengthy and complicated. I'm jealous at how many scripts you've seemingly written in the time since 2.2 was released.

Thanks. I have tried to keep the scripts as simple as possible and make sure that they disable themselves as soon as they can. Based on my own testing and the playtest reports, the end turn lag increases by about 1/6 to 1/5 (which for me is the difference between DAC's 30 seconds and HE's 35 seconds).

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So how's development, this is pretty much the submod for DaC I've been waiting for!

Wow, this looks amazing! Can't believe you're doing it all on your own, impressive.

Just a question, to make things clear: Does uniting one of the successor kingdoms lock you out of uniting the others? And out of reuniting Arnor?

Anyways, keep up the good work, I'm excited to play this!

From what i remember calisto saying in discort. System was like this. Unite one of successor kingdoms>> Create Arnor >> Reunited Kingdom. So it doesnt lock you out

Version 1.0 of Heirs of Elendil has been released to the public. ModDB wants to wait a few days to verify files and TWC was giving me issues when I would try to upload, so for now, the mod is available to download directly from Mediafire. I have included a download link in the description and here it is again: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b42ave..._3_HE.rar/file

Please report bugs & suggestions on Discord: https://discord.gg/e63yBJR

Enjoy the mod!

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

Congrats for the release of the mod Callistonian.

Btw i have some question about your mod.

Did you remove some faction from original dac or you just add new faction using the empty slot ?
    Maybe I am the fire that burn you, but my light will drive way the shadow that haunted the road that you take

Have neither added nor removed any factions. I was planning on working on a Gundabad faction, but now that the faction will be included in the next version of DAC, I have put that on hold.

bphl98's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    Have neither added nor removed any factions. I was planning on working on a Gundabad faction, but now that the faction will be included in the next version of DAC, I have put that on hold.
    So the script just change faction name for ND and unlock some new unit ?
    Maybe I am the fire that burn you, but my light will drive way the shadow that haunted the road that you take

The Reunited Kingdom script does not change the faction name as I have used neither a new faction slot nor a separate BAT file for that purpose (since the user can easily change the faction name at any time with a simple edit). It does unlock some units.

The Reunited Kingdom script does not change the faction name as I have used neither a new faction slot nor a separate BAT file for that purpose (since the user can easily change the faction name at any time with a simple edit). It does unlock some units.
    Hey man! Great job again for that sub-mod! I was wondering if you unite Arthedain, you can still unite ARnor and Rhudaur and Cardolan and so forth? I know it looks like a stupid question, but the description putted the doubt in me

If you unite Arthedain, you will not be able to unite Cardolan or Rhudaur (and likewise for those two). You will, however, be able to unite Arnor once you have united any of the three successor kingdoms (or if you haven't united any successor kingdoms). At the start of the campaign, there is an optional setting you can enable that will make uniting Arnor unlock the unique units from all three successor kingdoms. So for example, if you unite Arthedain and then Arnor, and you have the setting enabled, you will be able to train units from Cardolan and Rhudaur. However, if the setting is disabled, you will only be able to train Arthedain and Arnorian units.

Callistonian thank you a lot in advance for many hours of fun to come. I think you might have forgotten to add lines in battle_models.modeldb to units such as Loke-Gamp, Loke-Nar and Loke-Innas Rim for moors faction(Erebor). I don't know if that's brought to your attention. I'm looking for others as well.

@joftrik - Thank you, the issue has been resolved. Please do keep reporting whatever you find and if you haven't already, join us on the Discord server to report bugs & suggestions there as well.

If you unite Arthedain, you will not be able to unite Cardolan or Rhudaur (and likewise for those two). You will, however, be able to unite Arnor once you have united any of the three successor kingdoms (or if you haven't united any successor kingdoms). At the start of the campaign, there is an optional setting you can enable that will make uniting Arnor unlock the unique units from all three successor kingdoms. So for example, if you unite Arthedain and then Arnor, and you have the setting enabled, you will be able to train units from Cardolan and Rhudaur. However, if the setting is disabled, you will only be able to train Arthedain and Arnorian units.
    Thanks a lot for the clarifications, i will upload the submod now, its going to be a good gaming night, thanks again for the mod, RK is my most wanted and requested demand and you made it reality

A two part question;1) Is this compatible the 'Heirs of Fingolfin' sub-mod?2) Will the AI take advantage of this sub-mod if I choose another faction?

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Der Nibelung View Post
    A two part question;1) Is this compatible the 'Heirs of Fingolfin' sub-mod?2) Will the AI take advantage of this sub-mod if I choose another faction?
    1. I believe there are talks of merging the two mods together later down the road, but as of right now, no, you have to choose between one or the other.

2. I'll let someone else answer this one, as I'm not entirely sure.

Playing v2.2 along with this. I've gotten Aragorn back and am now wandering back up to Eriador with 3 units of Umbar Vets.

I stop along Edoras and it offers me marriage with Eowyn, (Aragorn is not married at all at this point). I accept it, the message says I give her my ring and that a group of riders/units will travel with us in support back up north. However nothing spawns in my company and Aragorn is still toggled as marriage-less in my tree. I assume this is part of this and not DaC 2.2? What can I do to fix this unless I'm expecting nothing?