Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: .

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

@zo3bi - The AI-controlled Northern Dunedain faction is trying to unite a successor kingdom and it's crashing. You will need to surrender_regions them to kill them and continue the campaign.

@Dardo21 - I can lessen the negative relations they get with the 'good' factions in Eriador when they accept a ring, but I suspect they will still conquer them when neutral. The EL AI seems to be very aggressive and the dwarf factions in general are a lot more effective than other AI factions.

Yeah, I was lucky to save the FPE by timely uniting Arnor before EL started to properly attack them, but Lindon had been conquered by then, since I was invading Dunland and starting a two-front war was unfavorable, I wish the good-evil factions script could be included as an option though.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @zo3bi - The AI-controlled Northern Dunedain faction is trying to unite a successor kingdom and it's crashing. You will need to surrender_regions them to kill them and continue the campaign.

@Dardo21 - I can lessen the negative relations they get with the 'good' factions in Eriador when they accept a ring, but I suspect they will still conquer them when neutral. The EL AI seems to be very aggressive and the dwarf factions in general are a lot more effective than other AI factions.
    What do you mean by “ you will need to surrender_regions them to kill them and continue the campaign “

@zo3bi - Bring up the console by typing the ~ key (if you have a non-English keyboard, you might need to look up the equivalent key in descr_shortcuts.txt, it will have the line show_console GRAVE_ACCENT except grave_accent (~) will be something else). In the console, type in: surrender_regions turks

This will make all of the ND regions rebel thereby killing the faction and preventing the faulty script from firing.

@Dardo21 - I can make the dwarven ring scripts optional if that's what you mean.

Yeah that could be a good addition, furthermore with the good-evil factions script, I mean that in MOS (I think), there is a script that forces good factions to stay peaceful with each other, same for evil factions.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Im not getting the option to reform Arnor and Im not sure why.

I've recreated the Kingdom of Arthedain. I control all of the core regions of Arnor. It's well over 70 turns. I have 21 or 22 regions. Aragorn is alive, Breeland is alive and our ally. Annuminas and Fornost are both rebuilt.

Do the regions I control all have to be regions of old Arnor? That might be the issue, as a few of the necessary 20 regions are around Ered Luin, as they accepted Sauron's offer of a ring and I've been stuck fighting them for awhile, and have not had the chance to do much conquering outside of defeating Angmar, so Cardolan and Rhudaur are both out of my control.

The only other thing I can think of is that I didn't realize I was supposed to take Aragorn to Rivendell until much later in the campaign. I only took him there about five turns before I got my 20th settlement and should have been able to reforge Arnor. He also had eight ancillaries when he went there, so if he was supposed to get the shards of Narsil or something, he did not. Could that be the issue?

Nevermind, I got Feotar and Faerdor mixed up. Look out Dunland, here I come.
    Last edited by ♘Top Hat Zebra; January 14, 2019 at 02:57 AM.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I'm pretty late in a Northern Dunedain campaign...restored Arnor and I have sent almost all of the Royal Army(left two divisons,plus 5 Cardonali legions back home) by ships to Gondor,because Mordor was steam-rolling them.As I captured the first Mordor held Gondorian town(Fanuilond),I realised that I could not recruit any of the Arnorian troops,and the Military camp I built there said in the description that the Northern Dunedain warriors will find replenishment there.It's impossible to win,because I am quite sure that all of the Royal Army(5 full stack divisions) will be quite diminished in a year or two of campaigning.It's not possible no send them back to Arnor for replenishment,it would take dozens of turns.What is the catch here?
    Last edited by iuly23; January 14, 2019 at 10:03 AM.

@iuly23 - Same situation as in DAC. I will make a note to make Arnorian units retrainable in Gondor but they won't be recruitable.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

My game is crashing when I try to install the Sound Overhaul mod + Music Overhaul for HE submods on top of a clean install. Am I supposed to install Sound Overhaul first, then HE, then Music Overhaul?

@Geleco - El Monstero confirmed that his sound overhaul is not compatible with HE. But he did make the music packs compatible. You would install HE then install the Music Overhaul listed under Compatible Submods on the first page.
    Last edited by Callistonian; January 17, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

Hello,

After completing all the conditions for the Reunited Kingdom, I finally got the possibility to reunite it. Ofcourse I clicked on 'accept', but then I had to choose between the banners of Arnor or the banners of Gondor. Before I could choose one, I accidentally pressed 'Esc' en the screen was gone... The lands of Arnor and of Rohan became one on my mini-map but my I wanted to choose under wichbanner. Because I pressed accidentally on Esc, I decided to quit my campaign and load it again. Suddenly the lands of Arnor and Gondor are separated... Maybe after another turn the event of the Reunited Kingdom will show up again, but no. Can anyone help me please? All my conditions are fulfilled ...

Thanks

Try to delete the map.rwm. I think the scripts will initiate again, hope so

@tibogheysen - You can't press escape or close the game during these choice dialogues, it messes things up because I didn't implement safety counters or recurring events. What you need to do is load an earlier turn number (the turn before you met the conditions to form the RK).

I worked with autosave... I don't have any savegames with an earlier turn number. It is not fixable?

For future versions of the game it would probably be a good idea to include a message where the route Aragorn takes from Gondor back to Eriador is described.

@runaway aye that has been discussed and agreed on to do it though a change is occurring in the Aragon will have be diplomat as his campaign character till he goes back to Imladris. Though I am of the opinion it should be hints where to go rather than an out right guide.
    the 5 spots of interest in 1.2 are
    1. umbar(to stop invasion fleet from leaving umbar(there is an Easter egg for going 1 step beyond))
    2. Rohan
    3. lothlorien
    4. Moria (short cut)
    5. Imladris

The mod looks pretty awesome; will definitely give this a try.

This mod is awesome however i have some questions:

- I am not able to reunite the rhudaur kingdom. i have the needed regions, the needed character is alive and i'm after turn 40 but nothing happens.
    - If I reunite one of the 3 arnor sub realms, can i still reunite all of arnor later? and gondor?
    - during the Thorongil quest i'm offered Eowin in marriage. If I accept she'll appear as a general on the campaign map but not in the family tree.
    After this event I stiil recieve mariage proposals for aragon from random women. Is it wad? Isa it possible to marry Arwen instead?

Also is it possible to get the 4th era event as dorwynon or dale?

@sirdar - You need to conquer all of the required regions by force. You cannot trade for them by diplomacy. Yes, you can unite Arnor and then the RK after one of the successor kingdoms is united. There is no way to force a marriage on the family tree so the "marriage" to Eowyn or Arwen isn't recognized by the game. That means you should probably marry Aragorn to one of the random offers if you want him to have children. It is possibly to "marry" Arwen instead by going to Lorien before or after Edoras. It is not possible for Dorwinion or Dale to go to the Fourth Age in version 1.2. Only ND, Gondor, KD, and Erebor can cause the event.