Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Thanks for sharing. Fun to see the current state of the mod. Looking forward to more news and the eventual release! Best of luck.

Any news or updates on this mods progress? Been looking forward to it for some time
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

@Lunar4 - Progress is being made daily. Best way to stay in the loop is to join the discord server (there should be a link in the OP) and follow the mod on moddb.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Hello, can you use this with DAC V3? or is it totally incompatible?
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

CommanderSol's Avatar Foederatus

It's not compatible with V3, you'll need V2.2

Is the cardolan helmet texture fixed in this submod? The texture of the cardolan helmets are bugged in the regual DaC version.

@Freden - I do remember fixing something related to transparency on the original Cardolan helmet for V1. By now, the Cardolan units look completely different from DAC thanks to Isen's work.

Hi there,

First of all I really love the way this mod has worked out with the scripting, and the many neat units involved for each faction.

I have two questions for the mod/if they have been reported:

1. Is the map going to be updated in some ways to what DAC4 (I missed DAC3 so I don't know if it was already implemented) now has? In reality I like the way they have some of Angmar laid out. Mostly the Mount Gram settlement and the Angmar interior, though I am not sold on Zagh Kala not being a transit between the Misty's, as well as some of their new Custom Settlements/Strat Icons. I am not necessarily looking for new regions, as I really enjoy what HE had in 1.2, but I found some of their new region layouts/mapping makes for a better map between AI pathing and its general look.

2. I didn't see it in the 1.3 Hotfix report, but I have noticed there are a lot of regions that recruitment is limited to either an AOR (if you are ND) of very few units or non at all. Much of this would be based on your hidden resources, but is there a way to allow even base militia units to be hired at any settlement? It seems strange that Angmar regions, or Mordor regions, to name a few key areas, only allow the hiring of seige units, and not any basic units if they have been fully converted to your faction.

Thank you for all your hard work, its been so enjoyable to play, and super immersive!

@DeltaBGhost

1. The map has been modified somewhat from 1.3. We haven't made a decision about Mount Gram. Currently there is just a pass through the mountains south of Litash to facilitate the movement of armies which may actually work better than blocking the pass with a settlement. The Zagh Kala pass will stay.

2. The recruitment situation for the Edain faction has been completely overhauled for V2. You will be able to recruit some units in every settlement. Only being able to recruit siege units in some settlements in 1.3 was a bug.

Not sure if this bug has been posted, I can't find it, the settlement Cor Wilishar is a village but has a town upgrade on it making it impossible to upgrade it further.

Yes, that has been fixed. Thanks.

Default Re: .

@Callistonian

I can't find the original post with the explanation of your submod. I would like to give it a try...