Thread: Imperial Destroyer, few stats modding

Default Imperial Destroyer, few stats modding

Hello there

I need bit of help with modding Imperial Destroyer.
    This mod is probably one of the best TWE mod i ever played.
    So:
    I want to increase accuracy and increase unit reloading time also.
    I want musket volleys to be deadly and units shot way too fast.
    How to add Mass Volley Fire for the infantry?
    I'm not sure how this will affect AI.
    Increased stats of cavalry, they should be able to fight infantry in melee without any problems, allready they get massacred sometimes even if they charge inf form their back.
    How to edit morale shock penalties?
    Cavalry charge should be devastating if they charge infantry from the back, soo maybe increasing charge bonus?
    Charge bonus for the infantry must be increased!
    Now there is no sense in charging, even specialized melee units will get destroyed.
    Elite Units...they should be better compared to typical line infantry, not slightly better...compared too HOW MUCH u have to achive to use them.
    Making every unit unlimited?
    Decreasing Howitzers shot range, now they have the same like canons, this is unacceptable.
    Increasing Canons shot range a bit.
    Decreasing range of mortars, increasing accuracy and rafe of fire, but their range should be the lowest.
    Increasing a bit Tax/Trade Income, game should be hard, but every country should be able to have 1 stacked army, maybe not full stacked, but atleast to be able to fight.

How can i add changes and apply them for all unit type?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer, few stats modding

Hm, I don't know anything about Imperial Destroyer, but I do know how to add the features your asking about. In Pack File Manager when you open a pack, you want to find the one with DB. In DB you can find the values to change most of what you want. Increased Accuracy and increased unit reload time can be edited via DB>unit_stats_land_table.

However, note that reloading time is affect by a few things, primarily musket type, projectile tables reload base, and the actual reload stat. I've done extensive testing and have concluded that Flintlocks reload quickly even if their value is 1, about 2 1/2 shots per real life minute, the same is true with the opposite where if you set it to around 500 it'll be barely any different then setting the stat to say 70.

Matchlock type weapons reload the slowest and at the lowest point can maybe do only 2 shots, 1 1/2 per real life minute. The gains you get by setting matchlock types higher is similar to Flintlocks. It usually takes over double the reload speed stat for Matchlock to match a Flintlock in reload speed.

and Last is Rifle type which is between Flintlock and Matchlock, though I don't recommend using this type because guns will act like their rifled and bayonets will look funny.

I never messed with the projectiles_tables though so maybe that can change things up.

To make musket volleys deadly would require increasing the accuracy and possibly adding the ability for the bullets to bounce, which can be found under DB>projectiles_tables. You can also change other properties of the projectile under that table.

Mass volley fire, to add the quick way, is to go to DB>unit_class_to_unit_ability_junctions_tables and type mass_fire in unit_abilities for the unit types you want to have it. Also very important is that you might want to check the DB>_kv_rules_tables to make sure that the Mass_Fire stat is set to zero, if its not it would be best to set it to 0 otherwise Mass_fire will have a ridiculous reload speed.

From my testing the A.I. does fine with Mass_Fire since my mod primarily uses it to replace volley_fire, note that volley fire will still be used against calvary, also Mass_Fire has a setup period where your troops get into position and will only fire when every man has reloaded. I like it because its more realistic to have as many men in the company to fire at once instead of only the men in front while the men in back wait for them to die.

Cavalry stats can be edited under DB>unit_stats_land_table, Calvary charge and Infantry charge can be altered here too.

Shock penalties can be edited under DB>_kv_morale_tables.

Elite units can be edited under DB>unit_stats_land_table.

If by unlimited you mean no CAPs of 1 or 2 units in your army, that can be changed under DB>units_table

Increases and decreasing range can possibly be done in DB>projectiles_tables, I haven't messed with this stat yet, because I've had no need. Rate of fire for Artillery can be edited under DB>unit_stats_land_table.

Increasing Tax and Trade or other general economic effects can possibly be done through DB>building_effects_junction_tables,
    campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables,
    government_types_to_effects_tables,
    technology_effects_junction_tables,
    units_table,
    or for what you specifically want to change
    campaign_variables_tables.

Now for your final question there's good news and bad news. Good news is like I showed you can quickly change unit abilities for the entire set of units, ex. Line Infantry and range can be changed with a few edits under projectiles_tables. Bad news is everything else I talked about from accuracy, reload speed, weapon type, making units unlimited, and decreasing and increasing stats is going to require going through each unit you want to change, individually. So that's around 300 units to edit (give or take depending on which one you want to edit), maybe more if Imperial Destroyer adds any. Luckily if a unit has NAN at the start you can ignore it since thats for the warpath DLC, unless Imperial Destroyer makes use of that DLC's units.

I think for reload speed if you work in the projectiles_tables you can change all the units at once to fit your needs, however, like I said I only tested the game with changing Reload stats and musket types under Darthmod.

One final thing I don't know anything about Imperial Destroyer, but it is possible they have their own Packs so its best to look into them first. The tables I listed may have different names as well. I know in Darthmod there's a Pack for Cannons (DME_CANu6), but in the main Darthmod Pack there are cannon units listed with stats, but its not handled by that pack so any changes made to it will be overwritten by DME_CANu6. Just something to keep in mind if changing a units stats doesn't work when you've clearly changed the value is that another pack may overwrite the stat changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Praetorian View Post
    Hm, I don't know anything about Imperial Destroyer, but I do know how to add the features your asking about. In Pack File Manager when you open a pack, you want to find the one with DB. In DB you can find the values to change most of what you want. Increased Accuracy and increased unit reload time can be edited via DB>unit_stats_land_table.

However, note that reloading time is affect by a few things, primarily musket type, projectile tables reload base, and the actual reload stat. I've done extensive testing and have concluded that Flintlocks reload quickly even if their value is 1, about 2 1/2 shots per real life minute, the same is true with the opposite where if you set it to around 500 it'll be barely any different then setting the stat to say 70.

Matchlock type weapons reload the slowest and at the lowest point can maybe do only 2 shots, 1 1/2 per real life minute. The gains you get by setting matchlock types higher is similar to Flintlocks. It usually takes over double the reload speed stat for Matchlock to match a Flintlock in reload speed.

and Last is Rifle type which is between Flintlock and Matchlock, though I don't recommend using this type because guns will act like their rifled and bayonets will look funny.

I never messed with the projectiles_tables though so maybe that can change things up.

To make musket volleys deadly would require increasing the accuracy and possibly adding the ability for the bullets to bounce, which can be found under DB>projectiles_tables. You can also change other properties of the projectile under that table.

Mass volley fire, to add the quick way, is to go to DB>unit_class_to_unit_ability_junctions_tables and type mass_fire in unit_abilities for the unit types you want to have it. Also very important is that you might want to check the DB>_kv_rules_tables to make sure that the Mass_Fire stat is set to zero, if its not it would be best to set it to 0 otherwise Mass_fire will have a ridiculous reload speed.

From my testing the A.I. does fine with Mass_Fire since my mod primarily uses it to replace volley_fire, note that volley fire will still be used against calvary, also Mass_Fire has a setup period where your troops get into position and will only fire when every man has reloaded. I like it because its more realistic to have as many men in the company to fire at once instead of only the men in front while the men in back wait for them to die.

Cavalry stats can be edited under DB>unit_stats_land_table, Calvary charge and Infantry charge can be altered here too.

Shock penalties can be edited under DB>_kv_morale_tables.

Elite units can be edited under DB>unit_stats_land_table.

If by unlimited you mean no CAPs of 1 or 2 units in your army, that can be changed under DB>units_table

Increases and decreasing range can possibly be done in DB>projectiles_tables, I haven't messed with this stat yet, because I've had no need. Rate of fire for Artillery can be edited under DB>unit_stats_land_table.

Increasing Tax and Trade or other general economic effects can possibly be done through DB>building_effects_junction_tables,
    campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables,
    government_types_to_effects_tables,
    technology_effects_junction_tables,
    units_table,
    or for what you specifically want to change
    campaign_variables_tables.

Now for your final question there's good news and bad news. Good news is like I showed you can quickly change unit abilities for the entire set of units, ex. Line Infantry and range can be changed with a few edits under projectiles_tables. Bad news is everything else I talked about from accuracy, reload speed, weapon type, making units unlimited, and decreasing and increasing stats is going to require going through each unit you want to change, individually. So that's around 300 units to edit (give or take depending on which one you want to edit), maybe more if Imperial Destroyer adds any. Luckily if a unit has NAN at the start you can ignore it since thats for the warpath DLC, unless Imperial Destroyer makes use of that DLC's units.

I think for reload speed if you work in the projectiles_tables you can change all the units at once to fit your needs, however, like I said I only tested the game with changing Reload stats and musket types under Darthmod.

One final thing I don't know anything about Imperial Destroyer, but it is possible they have their own Packs so its best to look into them first. The tables I listed may have different names as well. I know in Darthmod there's a Pack for Cannons (DME_CANu6), but in the main Darthmod Pack there are cannon units listed with stats, but its not handled by that pack so any changes made to it will be overwritten by DME_CANu6. Just something to keep in mind if changing a units stats doesn't work when you've clearly changed the value is that another pack may overwrite the stat changes.
    Thanks a lot.
    Yes they have diffrent names, but i'll try to mod this.
    Becouse this mod have best battle experiecne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixonik View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    Yes they have diffrent names, but i'll try to mod this.
    Becouse this mod have best battle experiecne.
    Hi!! did you manage to mod the accuracy?? cause I'm just starting to understand how the PackFiles manager work... but still no clue on which file should I edit now that I have installed Imperial Destroyer