Thread: Glass - a different take on the Superhero genre?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Glass - a different take on the Superhero genre?

Unbreakable is one of my favorite super hero movies and Split was pretty great too. This could be interesting...

Last edited by Halie Satanus; July 21, 2018 at 06:16 PM.

John Doe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Glass - a different take on the Superhero genre?

It does look interesting indeed, unbreakable is 18 years old and split only two, one has to admire the dedication of Shyamalan. I never realised split was part of a superhero genre either, at some point he wlaks on walls like insect would....

I need to watch unbreakable again, IIRC it was great atmosphere to introduce the lore and mythos of the superheroe genre, but not much happening and some parts were overdone: SL Jackson rant when someone wants to buy a poster for his son and I had a 18 years period without taking a single day off sick from work, that the kind of stuff you know without asking.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Willis is in Split in an end credit scene (below).

Great thing about Unbreakable was I didn't really know what it was about before seeing it. I thought it was going to be a super natural thing given Shyamalan's track record and Willis had just done 'The Sixth Sense.' The reveal and tie in with superhuman abilities and comic books was a nice change.. It's a great movie, unfolds slowly but I liked that, gave me time to cotton while I watched it..

irontaino's Avatar Deadass B
    Citizen

I liked both Unbreakable and Split, I hope Glass is as good
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default M. Night Shyamalan's new film - what a twist :)

This is a stupid idea, imo.

First of all the original movie (Unbreakable) wasn't about superhero universes. Secondly, it is hardly a universe when there is just one new "superhero". Thirdly... in what way was Mr. Glass' "supepower" an "extremely high iq"? This wasn't at all in the original movie; he caused the train accident cause he wanted to see if there is anyone who is his exact antithesis (unbreakable).

And another thing: wtf is Mr. Glass still alive? He has a bone disease and should have been dead decades ago
    Your surname doesn't have to be Komnenos, Doukas or Palaiologos, so as to join
    the Neo-Byzantine Society: click on the immortal emblem; partake in high culture