Thread: An Ordeal

Default An Ordeal

Both Lord Gerbod and Earl Odo are summoned into the King’s presence at Windsor Castle, his intent being to determine the truth behind the dispute that took place a few years ago. Both men must be prepared to answer to both their liege and God concerning the apparent feud, and to resolve the matter for good.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: An Ordeal

It would appear that Gerbod was the first to arrive. He was swiftly allowed in, his presence apparently anticipated by the King's men. He had brought with him a priest, strictly for personal uses, and clutched a golden cross in his left hand.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

With Odo apparently unable to attend, Gerbod is the first to be called before the throne and make a case for his innocence. The King and several clerics watch him from the dais, expectantly, with the Flem expected to make the first move.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Gerbod kneeled as he reached the throne, looking around once again for any sign of De Champagne. "My King," he began speaking. "I do believe I have previously, both at the Witan and on the field, made my case with words. However, as it seems Your wisdom would require me to undertake an ordeal, I will do so if I must. However, as it is my word against that of De Champagne, I would implore you to consider a trial by combat. As you may recall, I have before questioned his courage as well as his truthfulness. This one ordeal would answer both questions simultaneously" And I'll win, he thought to himself. A veteran mercenary in a one on one against a feminine traitor? Even without God at his side, it should be trivial. Blood and steel were only in miraculous cases turned against the more skilled by God. And God would be on his side, for He has no love for turncoats. That, Gerbod knew, even if he did not attend church as often as he perhaps should.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan