Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

I'd be more inclined to end the hotseat, but if enough people wish to continue I can keep playing the factions assigned to me.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

sorry for the delay, was waiting for confirmation from francisco and then completey forgot while busy with finishing the degree... Will ask him again, if he agrees with this set up or not

Okay seems isenbad doesnt want more factions than the one he has and thats okay. i actually wanna be the one controlling haldad. as for paladin, if he really wants to commite i think we can give him a strong faction. Laegrim should not get more cities. maybe just 1 thats in the woods south.
    All others should be split between fngolfin and falathim. I think this depends on how much dedication Paladin wants to put in the hs. either we work together and we both control half the east each, or, just one faction should control the east. Depends on what he says.

I am down to continue with the other factions. I do think those factions in the east could get a small amount of cash inflush and some random rebels to pop up to make a couple new generals so its not a whole mess to take over them. either than that i agree with what Jadli wants to do.

So i guess we keep evil as evil, Isen a Boer. and then we need to see what paladin wants to do and depending on that how we do the splits

Gaming Emeritus

pal is fine continuing playing his factions.

Okay, so I did as I said, moreless. Fingolfin and Marach were turned horde, and moved in proximity of former Nargothrond setts so that they can easily take it (they have siege eq). They also got a bit of money.

Bor up (save sent to Isen in DM)

Waited for a response from francyman but got none. Turn sent to pal

1 spider spy killed

falathrim up

i will let someone else take this faction, as it still has forces available..so i will let one of the people who have conductive plans , at the ready take control of this faction....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13kwjmv8q2...im_50.sav?dl=0
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

• no no thats a tone of cities, with them being damaged
      all those cities in the background
      like, for example, that forest south city
      that makes no sense they all go rebel and a bunch of time wasted on reloading and basically attacking the elven cities
      i though what was agreed, was admin commands would be used to distributed the several cities that went revel bc the faction died
      also that screwes up the whole recruitment slots
      well, do then from the turn of the previous player just before he kills faction leader then
      we can delay for when u have
      but a bunch of dead cities, sacked, without even units to be trainned
      some units take like 20 turns to replenish
      bc then its basically the east taking all the effort and energy and time to retake their own cities
      while enemy can just slowly come closer
      so even if all cities are eventually taken back, they will have 0 recruitment capacity on a hs recruitment is already scarce

ps: another easier solution is just go to the last player before killing the last family member. He just lifts seige. No one but him needs to redo his turn. And we split the factions as we did kind
      Basically halting the factions death
      We can talk more in twc later today

so bacially actually letting cities go rebel, even if they get easily recapture, messes the whole recruitment slots which are already super slow... there is no poin in the east for me to fight like hell, if the west cant even put any resistance, or even is spending most its time dealing w rebel cities. and after taking they cant recuit stuff any time soon..,

all those elven cities should be given to factions. an easy way is to go to the turn right before the king dies (in the evil turn moments before the battle), give all those cities to the other factions. have that king die. do the rest as it was talked above (some troops there and cash) and continue.

Gaming Emeritus

All players werent okay with replaying the turn, so we cant go back.

And no admin commands can take a settlement from a faction and give it to another (especially from rebels), except just capturing with spawned siege eq and so on, which is the same. Nearly all cities can be easily retaken by Marach and Fingolfin, who have many new spawned horde troops.
    Last edited by Jadli; April 22, 2023 at 02:48 AM.

Well I wouldn't mind if this ends here tbh

i think that i will move to walk away from this hotseat, i can't see any point in my position anyways here especially when the hotseat is in abeyance, without any decision of where it is going, but if players wish to continue feel free to see what they can do [if they have the energy to do so]

my thanks to all the other players&admin, for a enjoyable hotseat, i would perhaps add, that in future, that perhaps for such hotseats such as this and maybe warhammer one, where the evil forces have a advantage of numbers, that perhaps it might be worth players having a chance to play manual against multiple ai commanded armies, might prove a interesting development for the future...such a thing , might prove to give players a chance to reduce enemy numbers with a chance of keeping their forces, except of course when fighting against 2or4 stacks close together, which will spell certain doom, but might prove to be a interesting battle to see[even if losing]to see how many they can kill..
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, seems we are not getting anywhere here anyway...

Either way, thank you a lot for sticking around for so long, and driving the roleplay