Thread: The Manhunt

Default The Manhunt

Five of the King's men are dispatched from Dover into Normandy, with orders personally expressed by the King himself. They were to travel the length and breadth of the duchy in search of a man named Ilbert de Lascy, with their first port of call being the Lascy's family estate. Arriving with a royal writ, they demanded to see the master of the estate or at least his representative if he was not present.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Manhunt

The master of the Lassy estate comes forward to speak with the assembled men. This master was known throughout the are as a certain William Mercer.

"Good day, gentlemen, what can i do for you?" He'd read the royal writ. They'd must come here for an important purpose then he supposed.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"We are looking for lord de Lascy's son."

Greeted the burliest of them, a well trimmed Norman barely in his thirties. They all wore riding leathers and swords upon their hips, but they didn't convey a sense of threat - they all seemed relaxed in manners and posture.

"Perhaps you have seen him pass through this way?"

"You surely must be looking after Ilbert De Lascy then." Replied Mercer, an older man in his late forties who was quite tall from nature.

He'd never liked this Ilbert, he was undoubtedly handsome for sure, but those looks were not accompanied by wit.

"To be honest it has been a real long time ago since i have seen him, he was supposed to administer these lands, but he had left years ago from here." He didn't know why, and he didn't want to bother himself with such a man.

"But there have been quite some rumors in the area as of late i hear, not that i think they might prove reliable." Idle gossip these rumors often were.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Rumours are better than nothing."

Suggested another man, leaning against the wall. The burly one gave him a quick sideways glance before continuing.

"Yes, anything would help. His father wishes to know where he is."

"Well there are two particularly persistent rumors that i am aware of myself."

Replied Mercer. He didn't believe much of it himself but still, if it helped these men then by all means he would give them that information.

"The first one is concerns the area of Lisieux, people say that the town and its countryside is plagued by a group of young troublemakers at night, those people say they are leftover mercenaries of the past battle's...."

He'd hoped they wouldn't cross any further beyond Lisieux, if the rumors were true at all.

"The other one concerns Bayeux, it is said many unknown men have arrived there, indulging themselves in the most immoral sins, while claiming authority to collect taxes from the people"
    Veritas Temporis Filia