Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

Default Re: Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

Shield-wall is supposedly fixed for the new DLC, but we currently don't have a properly working. We are testing it out though.

Also for expedience we will first just be using current rosters.
    So just Cammilan units for Rome. Non reform Greek rosters, and non reformed Barbarian rosters.

That's just to get everything functional and save time up front so people can play the campaign.

Afterwards, especially when we go back and do a run-through of the sub campaigns tutu and everything up we will likely have a far more historical roster for it.

Those are the current plans anyway.

Semisalis

What's still wrong with shield wall?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    What's still wrong with shield wall?
    It more like what isn't wrong.

Just getting the campaign properly working with DeI's systems will be a pretty huge task since its on an entirely new map. Hopefully I can get the major parts of that done in a couple weeks and then we will have time to flesh out the rosters. As Ivan said, the plan is to initially have our existing rosters for the campaign.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Will this new DLC mess up campaigns from the Grand Campaign?

i think Not

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar August View Post
    Will this new DLC mess up campaigns from the Grand Campaign?
    It depends. Surely, apart from new additions, something will need to be balanced and revised for grand campaign too.

We'll have everything under control in due time, don't worry.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 07, 2018 at 11:33 AM.

In theory the GC should be functional like it is in the ancestral beta fix pack right now. In practice, I won't really know until they release.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I really dislike the new scutum model they added into the campaign. It doesn´t even have a spina!
    It´s not as if the Romans took the Scutum without Spina, added a Spina, then removed it again...

Just doesn´t make sense...
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    I really dislike the new scutum model they added into the campaign. It doesn´t even have a spina!
    It´s not as if the Romans took the Scutum without Spina, added a Spina, then removed it again...

Just doesn´t make sense...
    Ι have seen reports-complaints for the new Roman shields in general.

Keep in mind the scutum of the early 4th century will be different from the scutum of the 3rd century. It is entirely possible they took a scutum without a spina, added one, then removed one again depending on the influences of culture and design. After all, they went from a boxier scutum (Situla Certosa) to an oval one (republican) back to a boxier one (Imperial) back to an oval one (3rd century onwards).

The scutums in INV are entirely accurate and based on archaeological evidence. Namely, they appear on the Etrusco-Veneti Situla Certosa https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ck6P5AoE0...a_vetvs06b.jpg

Reading Michael Burns' South Italic Panoply PHD Dissertation and he mentions the first depiction of a South Italic Scutum is around 340-330 from campania, with a spina but no rim. The subsequent shields in that area in successive decades have the spina. From a cursory glance at the inv shields I didn't see any problem with the Roman scutums. You could argue for some spinas mixed in given the 340-330 Campania shields likely didn't just appear out of thin air, but the basic design CA did is entirely accurate and would likely be in use at the start of the campaign. I'd just caution to understand you won't be having proper 3rd century Romans in this, as the look we identify with is far more mid to late 3rd century and 2nd century than 4th century.
    Last edited by Ahiga; August 11, 2018 at 04:48 PM.

I'd like to see a map someday, rather sooner than too late, with all the cities and factions that exist in all DLCs, starting from the very beginning of Rome.
    What do you think CA will eventually get carried away for? Actually, I know it, but one may dream.
    There is not much left of DLC's for Rom2. We are as good as through. Unless CA wants to exploit all conquests such as Britain and Germania. Where I would not have any problems now. But a big map with more fractions would be awesome!

Semisalis

Some interesting new features in this DLC campaign:
    -a price of 1000 gold to dismantle buildings, makes assimilating newly conquered regions harder early game.
    -stronger garrisons, makes taking cities early game harder.
    -unlocking festival events through technologies.
    -unlocking higher political ranks through technologies.

After modding most of the weekend I have a good chunk of the campaign completed, so hopefully this week I will be able to finish it up. The scripts and db files are mostly ready, now I am working on the startpos. I forgot how many things intersect when you add new factions and a new map, so its taking awhile.

I may have a beta version to test at some point later in the week. That assumes all goes well, which I probably shouldn't assume

All hail Dresden, lord of the mods.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    All hail Dresden, lord of the mods.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

I like the period and the factions involved, but I wouldn't even consider playing Rome II without DeI's combat. Just can't go back. Would be cool to de-roman Italy as the Samnites though.

Semisalis

@Dresden: your commitment to this mod and community is amazing! Thank you!

Edit: on second thought i really like the new way in which consul elections and dictator appointment work for Rome. It's worth considering adding this to the GC too, even if it means losing the ability to change government. This could be represented by changing "dictator" with "princeps" and giving the trait several effects that simulate the shift of power. After all the early principate was still considered a "res publica" albeit with the powers of all the high offices concentrated in the person of the princeps. Obviously i'm thinking only about Rome and there may other aspects/implications for other factions which make this change not viable.
    Last edited by Goffredo85; August 13, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hail Dresden!
    Having enjoyed your mods for years. You and your team are truly a blessing to the community!!
    One question: will DEI mod for ROTR include new units?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast