Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

Default Re: Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

Congrats for your work ! One question
    is it possible modding cities ? Like Attila maps or Warhammer
    doing Carthage greater or some?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Not possible to edit battle maps.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Oh what a pitty

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

We seriously need TED but AFAIK CA will not release it for Rome 2. They did if for TOB though.

https://pastebin.com/bHmp0hWa

The unit roster has been leaked, not sure if anyone has seen it. Some very cool units over all. This is a far cry from Wrath of Sparta for example, CA Sofia has been doing some good stuff. Also for those curious the Ioleans seem to be a light/medium and shock infantry faction. No Hoplites or anything. They also seem to have a bit of a Sea-Peoples Flair what with "Sherden Swordsmen" which is a nice nod to a few theories.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrunch View Post
    https://pastebin.com/bHmp0hWa
    Also for those curious the Ioleans seem to be a light/medium and shock infantry faction. No Hoplites or anything. They also seem to have a bit of a Sea-Peoples Flair what with "Sherden Swordsmen" which is a nice nod to a few theories.
    Indeed, I'm quite interested about them lately. Let's hope they'll manage to get that specific look and style of them correctly.

@G.Strategos - You can also mod cities in Attila (AE)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    @G.Strategos - You can also mod cities in Attila (AE)
    Sure, I'm aware. Though I never touch Attila. I was talking specifically for a Rome 2 version of TED.

Libertus

I guess this DLC would open up a bit of discussion about the unit selection.

It seems obvious that the Camillan reforms should be the roster for the Romans, but maybe things should be brought into more depth? I'm not saying the creation of totally new units. Given the amount we have in this game, I'd feel a little ridiculous asking for/expecting more. But there is something to be said for the higher emphasis on Hoplites in the Roman military at the time. Maybe some Romanophiles and experts here can chime in.

In the Grand Campaign, Rome's base units of Triarii, Principes, and Hastati are supplemented by the Auxilia units from the Samnite allies and the rich AOR environment the Romans are started in. I would propose taking many of those AOR units and providing them in "Romanized" variants for the Auxilia building chains. Some rebranding of these units might be required for them to fit the time period, yet the idea still stands in essence: Hoplite variety in the Roman army would spice things up and keep the roster from feeling stale. I have an itching feeling the Camillan Reforms is the least exciting stage of the Roman military to the community (even if I admittedly love it for history's sake). I would not call the Romans weak at that stage, as the Roman infantry core is still a huge threat.

Just me shooting out an idea off the top of my head. Just putting the DeI take on the DLC without major revamping will improve it substantially and make it worth hours of play, yet I can't help but feel this is a special opportunity to expand some rosters and play with new ideas.

Carthage isnt playable? why not? they have the 'puny' local Iolei and Veneti that werent even regional powers but not Carthage?

Semisalis

The Veneti were a regional power back then if by regional you mean central and northern Italy. Meanwhile Carthage was barely involved in the events taking place in this time period in that part of the peninsula. Even if it already was a major mediterranean power. This DLC focuses on Rome's struggle to gain control of central Italy and fighting back a major gallic invasion. These two things togheter mean that "major" factions in here are senones, romans, etruscans, samnites, veneti, ligurians. Mostly the playable factions we get. Even Taras is stretching things a little bit as their struggle with Rome started a couple centuries after this DLC time frame.
    Last edited by Goffredo85; July 21, 2018 at 04:50 AM.

if the map was only Italy itself, fair enough. but including Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia and North Africa, presented an excellent opportunity to include more than Iolei. Carthage controlled/contested control over all of these areas and leaving it out of the picture is rather odd and limits the gameplay and replay-ability. besides, they are a distinct factions with flavour all of their own. good to see at least the Syracuse are in and their inclusion could actually tie with Syracusans vs Carthaginians quite well. looking forward to Carthage being unlocked and the whole thing DeI-ised.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

If the DLC will be released on the 9th of August, DEI version the 16th and then Pyrrhic Wars on the 23rd?

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I was surprised Carthage was included at all.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I was surprised Carthage was included at all.
    Well they controlled parts of Sicily, so it would be more strange if they weren't.

Depending on when the start date actually is, Carthage could be at war with Syracuse. Near to the siege of Syracuse itself, or directly afterwards.

I imagine their role will be similar to Persia in Wrath of Sparta. An unplayable superpower that is only partially represented on map, perhaps even with scripted troops or events.
    Last edited by Ivan_Moscavich; July 21, 2018 at 08:22 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

^agree

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Not possible to edit battle maps.
    At the moment true. But it can change.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    We seriously need TED but AFAIK CA will not release it for Rome 2. They did if for TOB though.
    Why won't CA release it though if this DLC becomes a great success? I'm sure if the demand is there, then we will get it. Like we kept demanding for the family tree - we got it. Now, this vanilla DLC has to be made in order to succeed. No guarantee that CA will release it - but they will know we want TED.

Patrician

You're probably right to have a positive mood!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    You're probably right to have a positive mood!
    Exactly, this studio, CA Sofia seems to be developing proper units instead of half-baked units, and they seem to be taking feedback on making changes to the game. Not a guarantee they'll get everything done right - but because they're communicating on the forums - I'm super excited for this. I mean never did I expect CA to come back to this game.

Patrician

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast