Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

Default Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

So this was just announced:

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/vi...3500651058458/

I'm assuming this won't be touched for a while considering all the new content lol

Default Re: Rise of The Republic (New DLC)

Depends what mechanics the new DLC campaign brings, and what available research there is on the playable factions.
    IMHO this will probably be worked on quicker than the Empire Divided campaign.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

let's hope this is just a campaign DLC that won't affect anything besides one more option.
    Cool period choice btw, esperian peninsula only it seems.

Marcus Furius Camillus is likely my favourite character of antiquity. Finally we get to see him in a game!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Dionysius of Syracuse (The Tyrant) is my most favorite character, by far!
    Not sure when and how we'll start working on this. I think it's too early plus we haven't finished ED yet.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 19, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

love how they just pretend Attila never happened lol

Really is kinda sad, at this point they should try to just meld the two games together

Looks like the saminites have the ability to instantly raise an entire army. That's something I thought every barbarian faction should have been able to do

May I request that you remake Rise of The Roman Republic instead of making a new scenario such as the social wars!
    There are several reasons why this would be advantages:
    1.Existing Camillan reform era units could be utilised along with many early italian, greek and celtic units.
    2. Porting DEI modifications to the modified cannon scenario should be faster and more reliable than creating a whole new scenario.
    3. it would greatly enhance the experience of a new and interesting period of ancient history never seen before. You could add new events and even factions; for example if Cartage wasn't playable you could make it playable!
    4. DEI is simply superior to vanila game and it should be utilised to modify and enhance it rather than replacing content where possible and feasible.
    I fully support replacing Empire Divided with a DEI version of Rise of the Constantine because I consider that to be a potentially more interesting and superior experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marus312 View Post
    Looks like the saminites have the ability to instantly raise an entire army. That's something I thought every barbarian faction should have been able to do
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by historian1789 View Post
    source?
    ammmm, how about the steam page? https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...Campaign_Pack/

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Is it absurd to suggest the idea of making the Etruscans (who are now in the DEI main campaign after it was updated to the new map) playable in the GC now? I assume they will get a good bit of new stuff since they are playable in the dlc campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Geleco View Post
    Is it absurd to suggest the idea of making the Etruscans (who are now in the DEI main campaign after it was updated to the new map) playable in the GC now? I assume they will get a good bit of new stuff since they are playable in the dlc campaign.
    Etruscans will not be playable in the GC AFAIK.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

I mean to say, is it a possibility that the DEI team will work on using the assets added by the dlc to make the Etruscans a playable part of the mod. Unless that's what you're saying no to.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There are no plans for that but also anything outside of their starting armies would be either fully made up or just copy-paste of Roman troops.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    There are no plans for that but also anything outside of their starting armies would be either fully made up or just copy-paste of Roman troops.
    You are right, of course, but... Am I the only one who thinks that having 5-6 "native" units is enough for a faction?

Also, IMO, the troops from 5th century BC weren`t that much worse/different than troops from 2nd century BC. I mean, yes, the armours were different, but they weren`t necessarily better. Also many troops didn`t have any to begin with.
    There is also the issue of developing tactics etc. But even that cannot be portrayed properly in this game, and our sources are very limited. So...

It's just a pity since most people would like to play with Etruscans, Samnites or the most interesting Sardinian faction and write an alternative chapter to the Italian matter.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

From the steam store:

An epic campaign battle for the city of Rome
    I'm geeking out over the battle for Rome - I can't wait to see what they choose to do with it, and I wonder if it will be possible to mod in whatever they do into the GC
    Last edited by Crappy; July 19, 2018 at 11:46 PM.

Decanus

I am surprisingly rather excited for this new campaign. Sardinians, Etruscans, Samnites - factions I would never have expected to see in a Vanilla TW offering. They get some points right there for that. At the moment I'm most excited to play as Taras and start the Pyrrhic War over 100 years ahead of time. Play as a philosopher-statesman? Yes please.

For those interested in the other factions for use in the GC - is there any way to set up some submods where the Rome faction is swapped out for the Etruscans, Samnites, or whatever? To represent that faction coming out on top in the battle for Italy represented by the new campaign. Change the faction traits and early units, but then just give them the same Roman Reforms and have them essentially morph into Rome as time goes on (so to speak)? Not perfect, but maybe possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    It's just a pity since most people would like to play with Etruscans, Samnites or the most interesting Sardinian faction and write an alternative chapter to the Italian matter.

I've always been interested in playing out "what if" scenarios, especially small ones like the Etruscans vs Rome and now you've mentioned Sardinians ..(maybe the Sardinians troops types would be like a cross between Syraceuse and Carthage or something, would be alot of fun if they were playable!
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; July 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

We may work on a more factions playable type submod at some point. We had ideas for various submods but CA has thrown 3 major updates at us in 6 months so...

Anyway, the idea would be to take a few factions and make them more fleshed out in the submod and playable in the GC - Etruscans, Veneti, etc. Then if it works well we could eventually add it into the main mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast