Thread: MAARC LXXVII - the Submissions Thread!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default MAARC LXXVII - the Submissions Thread!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC LXXVII!

Eligibility

Two updates are needed since July 1, 2018.

Only one entry per person.

The first place winner in the previous competition cannot enter this one.

Only work that is posted on TWC is eligible to enter.

Writers' Study Staff have discretion to disqualify nominations where it would be unfair to allow them to enter, for example in cases of plagiarism.

If you have a question or want to check whether an entry is eligible, please send a private message to a member of the Writers' Study Staff.

Advertising

Advertising the competition is allowed. Inviting people to submit their writing is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Authors are encouraged to submit their own work.

To enter, post on this thread with all of the following information:
    • the author's name
    • the title (with a link to the thread)
    • a short description/teaser
    • the game(s) used
    • details (if applicable) of mod(s) used
    • details (if applicable) of faction

If you want to nominate someone else's AAR, you must ask for (and obtain) their permission before posting the nomination.

Voting

Six entries are needed to run a regular competition.

If, after a month, we have fewer than six entries, then we wait until there are three or more submissions.

Awards

• 4 points for the Winner
    • 3 points for Second Place
    • 2 points for Third Place

If the competition has fewer than six entries, then first place will receive three points and second place will receive two.

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the Writers' Study Competition Medals.

• 6 points - bronze medal
    • 12 points - silver medal
    • 24 points - gold medal

Default Re: MAARC LXXVII - the Submissions Thread!

100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Tales After the Crusade - a collection of shorter tales Started by NorseThing

Based on play in Medieval II Total War using a few modifications that vary chapter by chapter.

The most recent chapter in this series is Chapter 4 A Danish Crusade which is using Lands to Conquer. I have not abandoned my original intention of stainless steel 6.4, but some things just seem suited to different modifications. Call this a personal the whim of the author for lacking a real (or better) reason. I play for fun and writing about the exploits do wonders to make TW games more interesting to play. I enjoy mixing some of the agents as well as the spouses into the mix. In the case of chapter 4 we are starting the tale in 1211 with King Valdemar and Queen Adela. Both contribute to the saga and are interesting characters in the tale. Personally, I am more attached to Queen Adela.
    Last edited by NorseThing; September 03, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Author: Turkafinwë
    Title: To earn a Kingdom

Game: Medieval II total war
    Mods: Third age total war and Divide and Conquer V2.1
    Faction: Northern Dúnedain
    Description/teaser: To earn a Kingdom is a tale about the famous hero Aragorn and his quest to become both king of Arnor and Gondor. The war in the North is over and our heroes set out on a even more perilous quest to save Middle-Earth. With Agandaûr gone our beloved characters must now face an even greater threat. Sauron. The Dagor Edain, the Battle of Man has begun. In the latest installment, the Prologue, we traverse back to the lands of Eriador and the Northern Dúnedain and see what has changed in the long period between the end of Book I and now.
    To Mordor and the salvation of Middle-Earth!