Thread: DeI in Thrones of Britannia: DAT MAP...

Bohz's Avatar Libertus

Icon12 DeI in Thrones of Britannia: DAT MAP...

Hello everyone,
    I know I'm aiming very high here, but I was just wondering at the possibilites.
    I guess somebody else has already thought and speaked about this but think about it: we could finally have a huge map of europe, much more detailed, with many more settlements (without the con to have to fight numerous battles) that would allow to better represent the real complex situation in the ancient time.
    I've always thought the region representation in TW games was definetly wanting, but this feature, combined with some features already present in DeI, might really bring to life the otherwise barren land of TW europe.

I know that porting the entire DeI to ToB is an mastodontic effort, but how hard woudl it be? How many hours do you think it would take? I'm asking just to get an idea...

Thnx all

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DeI in Thrones of Britannia: DAT MAP...

Too many hours to even consider.
    But you can get the next best thing which is DeI team members working on Thrones. Check out the Crucible kings submod.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

We dont have tools for modding campaign maps like that unfortunatly.

Also never heard of the phrase "Mastodontic effort" before, I like it! Guess in english same as "mammoth task".
    Last edited by Don_Diego; July 18, 2018 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Also never heard of the phrase "Mastodontic effort" before, I like it! Guess in english same as "mammoth task".
    Yep, it's an italian saying ("Sforzo mastodontico"). I'm seeing a lot of Italians around here recently d:

Bohz's Avatar Libertus

Hey, itsa meee, Marioooo..
    ar you suggesting I am italian?!? Wuai?!?

- because its written on your profile, dumbass...

Jesus, I'm embarrassed, didn't realize that "mastodontic" isn't pretty common among you english speakers...
    But since you caught the meaning perfectly, I guess it might become a fortunate neologism..

Man... Languages...

Viva l'Italia

P.s.
    @ivanpera Grazie per il supporto, caro (thnx for helping me out, lad)
    Last edited by Bohz; July 18, 2018 at 10:27 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Well, "mastodontic effort" that's a really nice saying. I speak a little Italian but that's new to me.

I am a bit confused, ToB is just Britain. Are you asking if its possible to combine maps somehow?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I think its generally a question whether we can port the many features of DeI to Thrones. Which is partly what Crucibles of kings is.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Eh, sort of but not really. Crucible is a small mod that does a little bit to make things more challenging and improve where it can. But it will never be DeI for Thrones simply because there can not be another DeI without 5 years of work I don't plan on spending too much time modding Thrones personally, other than keeping some of the mods up to date and adding a bit to Crucible because we already had planned to (edit rosters, etc).

Sadly, I think CA may have missed their moment with Thrones. If it had released with all of these features and a blood DLC within the first month (and a mod kit), then I think it would have been more successful. But it felt more like an experimental test build at release that required beta testing and feedback. Sadly, by then, most of the player based had moved on. I don't understand exactly what takes so long to do a kit and blood DLC when the entire game is effectively an Attila port. Really it should have just been an Attila DLC.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Couldn't agree more. Another hing that troubles me a bit is that people moved on really fast. I mean some haven't even played over a few hours.
    I think TOB really feels like a beta testing ground for the following saga titles, indeed.

Bohz's Avatar Libertus

@Dresden Yes, that's what I was wondering, an Europe map with ToB features.

Anyway, I am by no means saying you guys should give away any more of your time to try anything like that..
    I was just imagining a """perfect""" TW Rome game (the one I've always dreamed of since I was a kid playing rome 1), with a huge, detailed map (think about entire europe on ToB map scale... that's why I used the adjective mastodontic )..
    And yeah, ToB is basically a port from Attila, but a polished version, if you ask me.. a "beta" of the next TW generation, if you will.. so it would be tremendous to play DeI on a Europe map at that scale and with both ToB and DeI features mixed together..

Maybe the new Paradox's Imperator: Rome will achieve something similar to what I'm thinking, but it will lack real time battles, unfortunately, and is going to be a pure strategic, without that bit of "arcade-ish" feel that all TW games have and that makes them unique..

Anyway, Im going back to my VH DeI campaign.. man, your mod is great.. a true masterpiece..
    We are lucky to have such great people around..

And thank you all for your kind replies..

Ciao

P.s.
    @Greek Strategos as the saying goes, "mia faza mia raza"
    Last edited by Bohz; July 18, 2018 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohz View Post
    P.s.
    @Greek Strategos as the saying goes, "mia faza mia raza"
    Indeed. Cheers buddy.