Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buildings Icons

Default Buildings Icons

Please could be possible add ancient empires buildings System to this Mod? I hate the System and is very difficult to understand thanks

Default Re: Buildings Icons

Thanks for No replying

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Pardon ?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I guess I should just quit my job so I could post replies whenever some entitled person demands it

I am not even sorry.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by KAM 2150; July 16, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I guess I should just quit my job so I could post replies whenever some entitled person demands it

I am not even sorry.

I know right ? Plus what's so difficult to understand ?

So you ask for us to implement a highly complex system from another overhaul mod that tooks years to make (from another game) into this mod, when we already have our own building overhaul that is fairly easy to understand. And...then you get upset when we don't answer within a few hours after you posted at 2am?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans the DeI team ever done for us?

I'm gonna go ahead and use this thread for a question of mine regarding "Building Icons".

Was there ever the idea in the mod team to change de icons of the buildings (not change the system itself or anything hardcore like that, just use icons more like the old Rome TW, for example)? Just curious (I'm not really a fan of the aesthetics of the icons of RII to be honest...)

We had an idea to possibly do that early on but we ran into some issues. First, its a mammoth task with so many buildings and its hard to find unique looks. Second, the aesthetics were polarizing. Some people liked a certain look, others didn't, and a lot liked the normal Rome 2 look. Third, even though they seem simplistic, the current icons are easy to see and don't muddle the screen with extra color and confusing icons, etc. So, we ended up just sticking with the current icons.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I see, thanks for the explanation.

I think that I wasnt disrespecful for being so harsh , I’ve said many times how I appreciate your work always I said it , but anyway
    if anybody misunderstood my words I can deal with that I was talking about how disappointing were for me the CA ROME 2 building style not yours and how good were the ancient empires mod ones at least for me
    anyway thanks for replying

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by priam54 View Post
    REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans the DeI team ever done for us?
    Totally spamish but made my day!!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Totally spamish but made my day!!
    Just out of curiosity how do you say in English ( romanos) I’m also Spanish jajajajaja

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

I am not even sorry.

You still haven't quit your job so that you can satisfy whatever needs DeI players might have? Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We had an idea to possibly do that early on but we ran into some issues. First, its a mammoth task with so many buildings and its hard to find unique looks. Second, the aesthetics were polarizing. Some people liked a certain look, others didn't, and a lot liked the normal Rome 2 look. Third, even though they seem simplistic, the current icons are easy to see and don't muddle the screen with extra color and confusing icons, etc. So, we ended up just sticking with the current icons.
    @Benjin has an excellent icon mod pack which works almost perfectly with DEI already. He told me that he'll make it fully compatible though, so we could probably have it as an official DEI submod.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 17, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Benjin has an excellent icon mod pack which works almost perfectly with DEI already. He told me that he'll make it fully compatible though, so we could probably have it as an official DEI submod.
    Pleases! You made me so happy, I’d pray god for that to be real! Where can we see these icons???
    thanks a lot
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 17, 2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Fixed user's name.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by sinuhe2 View Post
    Pleases! You made me so happy, I’d pray god for that to be real! Where can we see these icons???
    thanks a lot
    Hello sinuhe,

Could this be the said mod? By a different user though (Benjin).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=511056968

Quote Originally Posted by sinuhe2 View Post
    thanks a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by prince_blucher View Post
    Hello sinuhe,

Could this be the said mod? By a different user though (Benjin).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=511056968
    That's the mod. My phone auto corrected Benji's name to Beijing.

Really different and nice looking icons for Rome II I have seen in mod which someone posted in DEI forums sometime before. Check them on 1.05 min. time mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DjKOKRiNP5g
    Last edited by Vardano; July 17, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

It’s great I want it for DEI please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast