Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated July 16

Quote Originally Posted by zhouhaiyang View Post
    all roster become original roster instead dei roster, the faction also.
    You're probably having a bugged installation or a mod conflict.

1)Make sure you're having the latest Rome 2 beta.
    2)Grab the 2 main packs from the forum plus the beta fix.
    3)Clear any other submod or older packs from your Data folder.
    4)Verify your game with steam.
    5)Make sure to check enable out of date mods from the launcher.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 18, 2018 at 11:52 AM.

and the problem is still exist. This problem appeared only after july 16TH patch. ALL is normal before this patch, even July 14 patch.

We haven't edited anything with custom battle rosters, so you may want to check your install or other mods.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

when I changed the patch to JULY14 patch, the roster and faction is DEI version. When I use july 16 patch, the custom battle roster and faction become original rome2 version. I have played dei mod for four years, this is the first time I meet this problem.

oh no, i know what is the reson now. Because I changed the file name to @@@@fixpack123dPATCH20(1).
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 18, 2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

What are the planned additions to this pack? Has it integrated DeI with the new update, or is there still a lot to do?

It seems to be working just fine with the new update. We probably will update the standalone soon to include this pack, Steam will stay at patch 19 until the new update is officially released.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    What are the planned additions to this pack? Has it integrated DeI with the new update, or is there still a lot to do?
    There's always more to add. As for what this beta does, you should really check the opening post.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    You're probably having a bugged installation or a mod conflict.

1)Make sure you're having the latest Rome 2 beta.
    2)Grab the 2 main packs from the forum plus the beta fix.
    3)Clear any other submod or older packs from your Data folder.
    4)Verify your game with steam.
    5)Make sure to check enable out of date mods from the launcher.
    Are we all set with all main DeI parts from Steam? Or there are some files needed from the forum? I do have vanilla Beta and DeI Hotfix and it seems to be fine.

On another topic: I do see weird agent actions now. LINK 1 and LINK 2. Also I can't go back to vanilla save file: the game kicks you back into main screen.

[QUOTE=F@32;15630807]Are we all set with all main DeI parts from Steam? Or there are some files needed from the forum? I do have vanilla Beta and DeI Hotfix and it seems to be fine.

Yes you are. But Forums releases are usually more stable and error free. STEAM usually messes up files.

Quote Originally Posted by F@32 View Post
    On another topic: I do see weird agent actions now. LINK 1 and LINK 2. Also I can't go back to vanilla save file: the game kicks you back into main screen.
    The agent issues are known bugs. Now about the vanilla save, it seems logical since you really can't go back to a totally different file.

I just loaded up an ongoing Bactria campaign with this Beta pack. It seems that you lot are Gods, because everything seems to have transitioned seamlessly!

One weird thing I did notice is that this did something weird to the ages of the Characters. My faction leader, Diodotus, has suddenly become 45 years old, and has no children, when in the Vanilla / pre-beta DEI version, he's supposed to be 19 / 20 something years of age, and has an heir (Diodotus II) aged 2. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just going crazy?

Thanks for the Beta pack, everything else seems to be working well. I just have the problem finding/producing an heir real quick before my 45 year old virgin nods off.

Quote Originally Posted by Devodians View Post
    I just loaded up an ongoing Bactria campaign with this Beta pack. It seems that you lot are Gods, because everything seems to have transitioned seamlessly!

One weird thing I did notice is that this did something weird to the ages of the Characters. My faction leader, Diodotus, has suddenly become 45 years old, and has no children, when in the Vanilla / pre-beta DEI version, he's supposed to be 19 / 20 something years of age, and has an heir (Diodotus II) aged 2. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just going crazy?

Thanks for the Beta pack, everything else seems to be working well. I just have the problem finding/producing an heir real quick before my 45 year old virgin nods off.
    Sounds logical with the addition of the family tree-various tweaks around and since it's an ongoing campaign a few values could go wrong.

We have a different startpos with different starting characters. Vanilla now has new ones, which don't reflect ours (and they have a different start time as well).

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

A noob question, eventhough i dont have any submod that deactivates the supply system enabled, i cant locate anything that will sugest i still have the supply mechanics enabled, the buildings are there the baggage train are recruitable but with the latest versions when i hover the cursor over the food section in a city it does not display my supply sutiation, neither the generals have their supply situation, iam i doing something wrong, is there a specific place that i can check the supply situation of both the cities and the armies and i havent found it yet since the latest updates? Thanks in advance.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

@Megasalexandros: Army logistics can be read in the tooltips when you select an army. And similarly with regions. Bottom left window has tooltips.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supply3.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	974.0 KB 
ID:	354297

Name:	Supply4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	354298

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    A noob question, eventhough i dont have any submod that deactivates the supply system enabled, i cant locate anything that will sugest i still have the supply mechanics enabled, the buildings are there the baggage train are recruitable but with the latest versions when i hover the cursor over the food section in a city it does not display my supply sutiation, neither the generals have their supply situation, iam i doing something wrong, is there a specific place that i can check the supply situation of both the cities and the armies and i havent found it yet since the latest updates? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    @Megasalexandros: Army logistics can be read in the tooltips when you select an army. And similarly with regions. Bottom left window has tooltips.

Name:	Supply3.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	974.0 KB 
ID:	354297

Name:	Supply4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	354298
    Correct. You're quicker than me.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the quick answer both of you, i think the problem again was on my part, i managed to fix it ,mod conflict as usual. Sorry for the inconvenience
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer both of you, i think the problem again was on my part, i managed to fix it ,mod conflict as usual. Sorry for the inconvenience
    Good to know. Yeah that's the reason, most of time.

What big changes are planned for DEI 1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by ryancup123 View Post
    What big changes are planned for DEI 1.3?
    For 1.3 ? Let's get the new beta out of the way first.

Hi, it's been a good year since I played DeI so I may have missed some design philosophies however I think that Celtic Guerillas (Using the English unit name submod) may have gone whacky. In the image of the Insubri army you can see that they have amazing stats barring armour for a ridiculously low upkeep of 53 on a 1 star General. Compared to the image of the Roman army displaying Principes (Late) which have lower stats, barring the +1 armour pen, armour and morale (as well as 100men less) for almost 3x the price this seems unintentional. However, armour and unit abilities may be considered worth it by the design team and I'm just whinging.

Nevertheless the Roman unit stats vs cost seem to be somewhat in line with comparable units in my own armies (Massilia) so unless the Insubres are given buffs in order to be a great challenge this does seem unintentional. Additionally, the units within other 'barbarian' minor factions appear to be more reasonably priced with units of similar upkeep from the Treveri being the near-fodder you'd expect at 53 upkeep.

I do really hope this is unintentional because no matter what I cannot stave off the onslaught if Insubres stacks (They have 4 stacks full of these buggers with only 3 settlements)

Mods used are the latest DeI, English unit naming mod, the ancestral fix and a music mod.

Cheers for your time.

Name:	DEI Principes Late.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	354324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEI Celtic Guerrillas.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	354325