Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated July 14

You either have a mod conflict or you did not complete purple research that allows reform scripts to work.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Guys, itīs completely logical that there are just 1/3 of the babies at 12tpy^^
    Logical and fun to play are 2 different things though.

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated July 16

Update July 16
    - Fixed faction leaders missing Inspire and Rally.
    - Some agent actions are now unlockable through skill selections.
    - A few new agent tier 3 skills have been added for spies and champions.
    - Altered some of the family tree children chance values for testing purposes:
    - Increased chance of having children, added chance of illegitimate children
    - Reduced mortality rate for some children ages.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

hello DEI team.

can i expect large[somewhat historically] family tree in future update? like EB II mod's family tree or old total war series.

it would be amazing to see that kind of tree.

Not sure what you mean exactly but we can't mod the family tree, so there won't be historical characters in it I don't think.

If you mean the "dead" characters at campaign start, we would have to redo the startpos to get them to be specific characters. So, that won't be happening anytime soon unfortunately.

oh... so not even Antiochos II Theos become son of Antiochos I Soter? he's just other noble for now? eh...umm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-06-28 18-51-29-468.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	524.3 KB 
ID:	354229

also i have a idea & suggestion for berenice phernophorus[seleucid queen]

did u make berenice as antiochos II's wife. when the event pop up.

or assignment to macedon nobility etc. so antiochos II can marry to berenice.
    Last edited by servent9; July 16, 2018 at 10:37 PM.

Is...having specific individuals who weren't even alive at start really worth devoting effort to? I'd think the devs would want to prioritize actually being able to finish and properly release the update first.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

In the vanilla game Seleucid start, Antiochus II Theos starts as the son of Antiochos I Soter, but in DeI he is listed as "other nobles" would it be difficult to use the vanilla starting set up for them?

You guys are simply amazing. This Mod, this game is a great example of what a community can do. Thank you very much!
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Logical and fun to play are 2 different things though.
    Maybe you have already found out, but I'll leave this here anyway https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ks-family-tree

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Damn, it seems it needs the assembly kit to adjust the family tree to 12tpy or even 4tpy...
    Which is pretty troublesome for a mod with as modified a startpos as DeI has it.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Maybe you have already found out, but I'll leave this here anyway https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ks-family-tree
    Damn, it seems it needs the assembly kit to adjust the family tree to 12tpy or even 4tpy...
    Which is pretty troublesome for a mod with as modified a startpos as DeI has it.
    I think CA is trolling us. Ok you can get your problematic pseudo family tree back.
    Dresden ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crappy View Post
    In the vanilla game Seleucid start, Antiochus II Theos starts as the son of Antiochos I Soter, but in DeI he is listed as "other nobles" would it be difficult to use the vanilla starting set up for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    oh... so not even Antiochos II Theos become son of Antiochos I Soter? he's just other noble for now? eh...umm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-06-28 18-51-29-468.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	524.3 KB 
ID:	354229

also i have a idea & suggestion for berenice phernophorus[seleucid queen]

did u make berenice as antiochos II's wife. when the event pop up.

or assignment to macedon nobility etc. so antiochos II can marry to berenice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin La Vida Loca View Post
    Is...having specific individuals who weren't even alive at start really worth devoting effort to? I'd think the devs would want to prioritize actually being able to finish and properly release the update first.
    I will look into the existing characters but I don't think much can be done for them sadly. We have no control over how a character spawns into the game or the family tree, its all hard coded. Since our startpos is so developed, we can't just add in new starting characters. Unfortunately redoing the startpos would be a mammoth project and I don't know if it will ever be done. I honestly don't know anyone else qualified to do it other than myself and I don't have the time or inclination to redo all of that work yet again for a small feature (some dead guy's names at game start). I know its nice for immersion, but it took me about 2-3 months to do our base startpos awhile ago and that was when I had a lot more free time. That also was built on top of an existing work by ABH2 from the Ancient Empires submod that had quite a bit of the work already done. Add onto that we have edited the startpos a lot since then (2 years of edits and new features) and its just not realistic to redo right now.

One workaround for now is that you can adopt characters like Antiochus II at game start, so he will be your son in the game. I know its not ideal but it could work for roleplaying purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I think CA is trolling us. Ok you can get your problematic pseudo family tree back.
    Dresden ?
    Lets wait and see how it turns out - there is no hard evidence yet that 4 or 12 TPY is bugged. Plenty of people are playing on 4TPY with our beta update and the family tree seems to be working. If it is something else that has to be changed, then we may have to just deal with it as we go.

There are some new variables in campaign variables, worse case scenario maybe they can be used to increase spawn chances if somehow the TPY does turn them down somehow.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 17, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

Ran into some strange behavior during an early Hard Roma campaign. DEI Steam 1-10, Submods - 12tpy, DEI Ancestral Fix, No public order negative for garrison Armies.

AI is reckless on the Campaign map, sending small/medium armies to attack areas where I have superiority, borderline suicidal. This might be "behavior", since I've only encountered Epirus and the Etruscans in war, but I wanted to mention it.

Besieged Taras, during AI faction moves, I declined an Epirus peace treaty and they responded with an army from Apollonia, since I had the settlement encircled, the battle started with a sea zone. Reinforcing army arrived on ships. Initial City Garrison charged my lines, and served as only a minor nuisance. During this engagement, the Reinforcing army was maneuvering at sea for a while (more on this later), once they landed, I moved to engage their units before they could organize themselves.

When attacking these units, just after throwing pila, the red, attack queue/line suddenly shifts a few hundred meters along the beach and both units break formation and begin running in that direction. Not every unit suffered from this problem, an Archer unit had landed and I was able to engage them in place. These problem units seemed to all be the 250 man pike phalanx units. There was a spear phalanx unit where, while they didn't initially "displace" down the beach, the attack queue/line ends about 10 meters in front of their unit.

During land battles with sea zone reinforcement, the ships seem to have trouble with pathfinding, being unable to decide where to land, or being unable to decide who gets to land first. I can't remember if this was CA AI behavior or not.

Lastly. Pike and phalanx formations can sometimes perform miracles, like halting a unit that is engaging them in the back so that they can turn their formation around. Or, getting stuck into a fight and turning their formation so that, at some point, they end up inside my lines with their backs turned. I realize some of these might be limitations of the engine/hard-coded battle behavior, but I figured I'd report it anyways, just in case.

Dead cavalrymen can sometimes be seen floating in place.

I'm going to try and capture some footage of these issues in action, so that you can see it. Hopefully the game doesn't make a liar out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Lets wait and see how it turns out - there is no hard evidence yet that 4 or 12 TPY is bugged. Plenty of people are playing on 4TPY with our beta update and the family tree seems to be working. If it is something else that has to be changed, then we may have to just deal with it as we go.

There are some new variables in campaign variables, worse case scenario maybe they can be used to increase spawn chances if somehow the TPY does turn them down somehow.
    Sure no problem.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the response Dresden.

If you don't mind, I was wondering if you could explain a bit why startpos modding is so much more difficult than modding other parts of the game? I've modified values in the pack files of mods before, which seemed relatively straightforward to me, but never looked at the startpos in any detail, but while I constantly read about how its a headache to deal with, they usually don't give many details when they complain.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the mod. I started playing with DeI the day it was first released, and you've turned Rome II into one of my favorite games ever!
    Last edited by Crappy; July 18, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

A startpos is sort of like a snapshot - in a way like a save game. It holds a lot of information that can be obscure or referenced only in numbers. There are some things that are easy to edit in a startpos, like unit sizes or character names. But, there are things that are very difficult (or nearly impossible). In order to edit most of the main parts, you have to compile a new startpos using the assembly kit. When the game is updated, the kit structure and files are updated. So, you have to redo all of it again.

There are some creative ways to edit an existing startpos. These include unpacking it into XML files, loading it up as a game then saving it again (and repacking it as a new file), and then directly editing it in PFM. All of these are limited or extremely obtuse. That is the best way I can describe it - its just a massive amount of trial and error to even figure out what most of the values do in a startpos. Before the kit, I did use some of the various methods I listed to create some startpos mods that were very different at the time. For example, changing region ownership required some very complicated edits to some of the deeper parts of the startpos that were mostly number references. For Constantine, I actually loaded up a game and then force confederated regions, saved and then repackaged the save as a new startpos file. All of these methods have limitations and negatives that impact the quality of the final product.

The new Family Tree has an entirely new entry in the startpos file. If the game doesn't see that entry, it will create a random one (thankfully, otherwise we would be screwed and it would just crash on startup). However, I can't simply manually add in these new Family Tree entries because they all use numbers to reference each other and CAI values that are mostly created when its originally compiled by the game with the kit. Also, if I added some of them in manually, I imagine the game would not read them properly because it would then expect a full family tree to be available to use. I haven't tested out manually adding in entries yet, so perhaps its possible. But I would first have to decode exactly what the numbers in each entry represent and refer to before trying to replicate them for our version of the startpos, which has entirely different characters than vanilla.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 17, 2018 at 10:51 PM.

I found the roster of custom battle is broken after run this pack

Quote Originally Posted by zhouhaiyang View Post
    I found the roster of custom battle is broken after run this pack
    More details please.

all roster become original roster instead dei roster, the faction also.