Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

EDIT: this is interesting. -199 to public order from a few enemy agents in the province.

Oh man, this is my toughest Rome 2 campaign to date as Baktria on N/N... Example screen shot of Phrada battles.
    I have the 2x Cost/Build/Research loaded first. Taksila attacked me and had 11-12 full stacks at the beginning.

I'm at the 178 turn and finally dealt with the last full stack. They were recruiting faster than I could replenish my 2.5 stacks.
    Last edited by F@32; August 06, 2018 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

-199?? Uh...thats...uh...hrm. Well thats a bug I guess, one hell of a bug!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    Did we really get proper AA in this new patch??
    does it work?

Or was it just a dream? ...gonna reinstall R2 and DEI and check it out.
    Hey buddy. I haven't fully checked it yet tbh. We're having a few reports concerning performance issues and I know for sure that most of the A.A implementations from CA are problematic, but I don't have a complete report atm.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 07, 2018 at 01:35 PM.

I was wondering, given that the vanilla agents now have 18 traits (from the screenshots of AU), but DeI still has only 15, will there be a rework for agents skills to be closer to the AU vanilla or you going to keep the legacy ones?

Also, I was not able to add more than one member to the household, (or there are now 3 different sets?)

And finally, If you start as Rome, Epirus creates 2 full stacks by the turn 6, I do not remember that being the case before, probably new AI is smarter. That might be solvable by making Italia cities be independent single city factions. - that would give Rome a smaller starting position and separate it from now strong foe to the

We plan on keeping our current agent skills. The vanilla ones are pretty over the top and make agents even more powerful from what I can tell, which is odd because that was a common complaint before already. The ancillary slots are now item dependent, so some require an equipment piece instead of a person.

Released as part of the main standalone mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?746128

Steam will be updated tomorrow when the game updates.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Released as part of the main standalone mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?746128

Steam will be updated tomorrow when the game updates.
    So we can delete this mod now?

Gameplay Changes

• Unit formations are now limited to 4 lines deep at most.

Will this also now apply in DEI? I think some (pike) formations are deeper than that. Although it would be helpful for people playing on smaller unit sizes.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Eastwood View Post
    So we can delete this mod now?
    Just overwrite part 1 with new update and keep previous part 2, delete any previous DeI fixpack.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinis View Post
    Gameplay Changes

• Unit formations are now limited to 4 lines deep at most.

Will this also now apply in DEI? I think some (pike) formations are deeper than that. Although it would be helpful for people playing on smaller unit sizes.
    This is a bit misleading. It should be: "unit formations are now limited to 4 lines deep at least" and not "at most". This change has been done by CA to avoid "spaghetti lines", which is stretching your lines to two, or even just one, rank deep in order to maximize number of men involved in fighting and encircling enemy (especially AI) deeper formations. So yes you can still have more than 4 ranks deep, but not less than that.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Has anybody tried how DEI + AU fix works with today's patch from the CA? I haven't managed to prevent Steam from loading automatically the update and I don't think there's an option to remove it (the usual "opting out of betas" doesn't seem to work as the name of the build stays the same)

A question perhaps not for this thread, but it just tackles the issue: what are the benefits of having the more ranks? I recall that Maximus Decimus has tested and found out that spaghetti is indeed the most efficient due to possibility to flank-out on both sides. But what are the pros of having more ranks?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I haven't managed to prevent Steam from loading automatically the update and I don't think there's an option to remove it (the usual "opting out of betas" doesn't seem to work as the name of the build stays the same)
    Patch 19 is still there for me.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 09, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

@Goffredo85: Thanks that makes sense.

@Greek Strategos: I'm having the same problem. I think it is only the "official" Patch 19 w/o the beta option. So if you started a campaign with the family tree beta, Steam is forcing you to apply the update to keep playing that campaign. I absolutely hate when they do this for single-player games.

Semisalis

@ Jurand of Cracow: if we are talking about game mechanics the only benefit about having more ranks is to have less men involved in the fighting and thus taking casualties somewhat slower, but you will still lose due to being sorrounded. This new change made by CA is just a cheap way to avoid an unrealistic behaviour by players. In real life having a too thin line would be dangerous for several reasons but within the game engine is actually a viable tactic due to bad engine design.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thin lines make cavalry charges destroy those units in DeI while deeper lines prevent it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Thin lines make cavalry charges destroy those units in DeI while deeper lines prevent it.
    Interesting. Cav charged me only few times ( patch 123 ) . They will charge flank from front. Deep line big issue on non phalanx unit .
    Even in deep Cav can kill 25% in one go. Battle realisam checkbox - checked

Repel cav helps if nothing is interrupt it. Means - rarely managed to repel cav. before charge (they zig zag to much for any planing - if you have time ) . Suicidal levy ranged is better choice for breaking the charge. It will break charge and rout with minimal loses and then you have time to actually charge charging cav.
    I m braking any charge with them and they absorbs javelins far better than main line. Thin line is superb for them

If I don't suicide them I will lose really good troops very fast. Shield is kind useless vs any ranged from front.
    My slingers can decimate and I can be decimated and Armor and Defense make no sense. Killing ranged becomes far greater priority than repelling Cav .

Had lost far more from rock, arrow and javelin than from heaviest Cav charge in early game (200 Cav excluded).
    Every battle if I have 12 slingers can become Heroic.
    My armies compositions is heavy levy ranged paired with few Generals (4 max - to kill any cav opposition). Then I rock and stone everything because levy are fast.
    My Inf line is usually running away because there is no point to fight if you can stone.

Senator

Do we need to download any new parts to the mod for this patch?
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just overwrite part 1 with new update (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-August-8!)
    and keep previous part 2, delete any previous DeI fixpack.

Does anyone have any suggestions for visual mods? The new update made GEMfx 1.0.9 unusable as it will cause major framerate loss when on.

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Icon8 Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNNyT View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for visual mods? The new update made GEMfx 1.0.9 unusable as it will cause major framerate loss when on.
    So, can that be the cause of loss of FPS? because before the update, the game ran very well. but I have lost frames, to a greater extent, in the campaign map ....