Thread: Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta. [RTW:BI - Sasanian AAR]

Default Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta. [RTW:BI - Sasanian AAR]

Greetings Everyone!

I have been a passive member of this community for such a long time, only nurturing the idea of starting an AAR myself. Even though this game is very old, I still enjoy playing it pretty much. As for the Sasanians, they are my favourite faction. Although IBFD presents them in a much more historically accurate way, I decided to use Vanilla, for it serves my purposes of story-telling better. I hope you will enjoy the reading! I will try to post regularly.

Default Re: Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta. [RTW:BI - Sasanian AAR]

PART I

THE WORLD, 363 AD

Thou hast won, Galilean.

The Apostate had already left this wasteland with these final words, but the antique world itself barely started to agonize. The deaths of Julian and his successor Jovian left the Roman Empire finally divided to East and West – both parts surrounded by hostile nations. In addition to the barbarians continuously challenging the durability of imperial borders, the fearsome tribes of the Hunnic Alliance have just crossed the river Don. This event initiated a huge wave of migrations with people seeking refugee from the Asian attackers – and searching for new homelands. In other words, the stage was set: for great figures and for great empires to rise and to fall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtw_bi_political_vanilla.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	354154

Hmm, its nice to see a vanilla, that too, Sassanian AAR!!!!

I would love to see how and where you take this one.

Plus rep.

Its also good to have you on board the Writers Study.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome to the Writers' Study, Wahram1991.

As mad orc said, it's good to have you with us. I hope you'll find lots of interesting things here - there's certainly a huge range of different things to read! If you find something you like, I know our authors appreciate friendly comments - and that's a handy way of increasing your post count to the magic number of 25, which will mean you can set up your signature and edit your own posts. You never know, commenting on someone else's writing might encourage them to post on yours. If you have any questions, you should feel free to post them on the Writers' Study Chat Thread, or to PM any of the WS staff (Alwyn (the director), me, theSilentKiller, Axis Sunsoar and Darkan).

I like the way you've started off with this AAR; it's brief, but very effective, I think, as a way of introducing the sorts of things we might expect to happen. I'm looking forward to seeing which great figures and empires will rise (and then fall).

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome to the Writers' Study, Wahram! I look forward to seeing how your tale of hostile nations surrounding great empires, fearsome tribes and huge migrations will unfold!