Thread: Damn Rebels

Default Damn Rebels

Does anyone know how to tone down the number of rebels that spawn. In addition they seem to be much more powerfull than any army I can field

Thanks

Default Re: Damn Rebels

Hey Crossev

Open descr_strat.txt in your DLV/DATA/WORLD/MAPS/CAMPAIGN/IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN folder. Find brigand_spawn_value and pirate_spawn_value and change the numbers. Remember, the higer the value the less rebels and pirates will spawn! I'm using 40 for brigands and 85 for pirates, for example. Don't forget to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.

The values do not change rebels power as this is handled by DarthMod as far as I know.

Rookz

Quote Originally Posted by Rookz View Post
    Hey Crossev

Open descr_strat.txt in your DLV/DATA/WORLD/MAPS/CAMPAIGN/IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN folder. Find brigand_spawn_value and pirate_spawn_value and change the numbers. Remember, the higer the value the less rebels and pirates will spawn! I'm using 40 for brigands and 85 for pirates, for example. Don't forget to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.

The values do not change rebels power as this is handled by DarthMod as far as I know.

Rookz
    They also get a crazy amount of money (must have a rich uncle). I can turn down the frequency on the buggers as recommended by Rookz. Cheers! dd

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    They also get a crazy amount of money (must have a rich uncle). I can turn down the frequency on the buggers as recommended by Rookz. Cheers! dd
    But some of us do like a big time challenge... I find the game very easy on VH/VH for the most part on every other mod but this one... my vote is don't make the game any easier...I already auto-play every battle because it gets boring to win virtually every time in a crushing fashion against a brain dead battle AI, at least the campaign is now challenging...

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
    But some of us do like a big time challenge... I find the game very easy on VH/VH for the most part on every other mod but this one... my vote is don't make the game any easier...I already auto-play every battle because it gets boring to win virtually every time in a crushing fashion against a brain dead battle AI, at least the campaign is now challenging...
    Good point brother Faramir. Impossible to please everyone with a single setting...I'll just leave instructions for how to change the frequency of rebels per Rookz

Cheers!

dd

Hey DD, have the rebel settings changed in .4a or are they the same as Repman's 1.8? They seem the same to me... they actually build up units in their cities, send armies out to attack.,.. are a real challenge.. I love it!