Thread: Recommend a campaign AI mod please

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Default Recommend a campaign AI mod please

I have been testing many campaign AI mods and most of them seem to make the game worse than Vanilla.
    I have my own unpublished AI mod that combines other mods, but it has a few flaws as well as a few improvements vs Vanilla.
    It has been mostly logical guesswork for me though.
    Are there any CAI and campaign AI mods that actually know what they're doing with the tables.
    Does any creator actually understand what many of the columns in the tables are doing?
    Is there a resource posted somewhere that describes what various tables mean.

In general, I am looking for:
    --Aggressiveness
    --AI that actually builds their economy to a significant extent.
    --AI that is somewhat reliable
    --AI that defends important regions but still attacks as often as is safe
    --AI that takes negotiated agreements seriously
    Obviously there are many other dimensions that can be improved over Vanilla.
    Who has found the best mix.
    Yes, I've tried Radious, FOTE, Better Aggressive, TUSKMOD, MINOS and XAI. They are all lacking.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Recommend a campaign AI mod please

I'm not sure there are many others. I'm using MINOS' right now, I'm pretty happy with it.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Default Re: Recommend a campaign AI mod please

Apparently this mod is doing amazing things. I haven't tried it, but a couple of Steam friends rate it highly.