Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most Christian country?

Default What is the most Christian country?

Im just wondering if there is any Christian countries in this world. By Christian country I mean a state whose laws are closely based on the Bible such as the Ten Commandments. Even if there isn't any, at least what country is the most religiously Christian (Not the population) if compared to others?

Im asking this question because many Christians always point to the backward conditions of virtually middle age countries like Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan to support their unfriendly opinion toward Islam. So Im beginning to wonder what the true Christian states are like?

Anyway, Im a muslim and I believe in the 21st century like this there should be no place for any country to have official state religion. Religion should be something individual.

Peace,
    Last edited by jankren; January 15, 2007 at 11:17 PM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: What is the most Christian country?

I think Poland. Something like 90% + are devout Roman Catholics.

Many Sth American countries too are very RC.

Quote Originally Posted by boofhead View Post
    I think Poland. Something like 90% + are devout Roman Catholics.

Many Sth American countries too are very RC.
    Are Polish laws mainly based on the Bible? 80% of Indonesia's population for example is made up of muslims but Indonesian laws are mostly secular thus I believe Indonesia is not a Muslim country.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Yakov's Avatar Tiro

The Philippines?

maybee we should have more christan laws like we should be more effective in demolishing illigaly built mosques

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too because, come on, life is funny.

SickBoy13's Avatar Ordinarius

The laws are basic secular laws (normal ones), but being Christian is part of one's Armenian identity. Also 98-99% of Armenian Citizens are in fact Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakov View Post
    The Philippines?

maybee we should have more christan laws like we should be more effective in demolishing illigaly built mosques
    Lol, Abu Sayaf must really get on the nerves of many Filipinos. (I assume you are a Filipino).

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    Are Polish laws mainly based on the Bible? 80% of Indonesia's population for example is made up of muslims but Indonesian laws are mostly secular thus I believe Indonesia is not a Muslim country.
    There are a few Poles on TWC who could answer better than me, but I am sure Poland is officially secular.

BTW, it is arguable that secularisation is a direct result of a Christian history, with ideas of love and compassion and equality and all that PC jazz inherent in the notion of a secular society.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

vatican city is the most Christian country cause 100% of its population is Christian
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Mig el Pig's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by boofhead View Post
    There are a few Poles on TWC who could answer better than me, but I am sure Poland is officially secular.
    Didn't they try to elect Jesus Christ as their president/kings/emperor a few months ago?

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mig el Pig View Post
    Didn't they try to elect Jesus Christ as their president/kings/emperor a few months ago?
    some dickheads did try but obviously failed. First and foremost Poland is secular as always was. Indeed we are more/less 90% RC and I appeciate that cause we don't have a religious basis problems and btw Poles are mostly very close to tradition but not zealous and pieteous expecially youth and middle class are "europeising" quickly which I doubt is the best we can do. Most people think how to get a well paid job or job at all that any religious, mystic contemplation. Of course you'll find some "village" "catholics" in areas with high rate of unemployment and within those of low education level but year after year their numbers are close to null.

Vatican is most likely in this regard most christian nation, despite the size.

Other countries tend to be heavily influenced by secularism regarding laws.

Everyone is warhero, genius and millionaire in Internet, so don't be surprised that I'm not impressed.

So there is not even a single Christian state left in this world? Not even somewhere in Africa? Anyway, I hope all religion based countries in the world cease to exist and transformed into secular ones and let religions be observed by individuals. And I also hope Western countries stop helping to preserve those kind of countries (Ex: Saudi Arabia).
    Last edited by jankren; January 16, 2007 at 10:53 PM.

True, what you said about Saudi Arabia. Religion cannot be forced, or it looses all meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    So there is not even a single Christian state left in this world? Not even somewhere in Africa? Anyway, I hope all religion based countries in the world cease to exist and transformed into secular ones and let religions be observed by individuals. And I also hope Western countries stop helping to preserve those kind of countries (Ex: Saudi Arabia).
    secularism was always in Christiandom, religion helped to keep states in one piece expecially in feudalism period. I don't know any christian country in europe that ever has based its law on Bible as muslim countries based their law on Quran.

Quote Originally Posted by Foytaz View Post
    secularism was always in Christiandom, religion helped to keep states in one piece expecially in feudalism period. I don't know any christian country in europe that ever has based its law on Bible as muslim countries based their law on Quran.

Every Christian nation before the French Revolution had laws based both on the Bible and secular necessities. The same can be said about the Muslim states in history, who enjoined both Sha'riah and normal secular laws in their rule.

Secularism never quite existed as a solid power before Napoleonic times, and the the usualy 'secular' nature of powers existed only between the church and the monarchy - both exercising power divinely inspired and vying for both the souls and the taxmoney of the believers.

Napoleon's reign crushed both this concept and Islamic ideals. Recently, however, the victory of secularism has been rolled back in the Middle East while Europe still remains under its control, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    Every Christian nation before the French Revolution had laws based both on the Bible and secular necessities. The same can be said about the Muslim states in history, who enjoined both Sha'riah and normal secular laws in their rule.

Secularism never quite existed as a solid power before Napoleonic times, and the the usualy 'secular' nature of powers existed only between the church and the monarchy - both exercising power divinely inspired and vying for both the souls and the taxmoney of the believers.

Napoleon's reign crushed both this concept and Islamic ideals. Recently, however, the victory of secularism has been rolled back in the Middle East while Europe still remains under its control, for now.
    yes you're mostly right but my point was that Christiandom treated Bible very casually except for twisted events like Holy Inquisition - spanish in particular and on the otherside muslims strongly underline that their laws are based on Quran.

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

ireland

In reality, Jesus approved of secular government. That is why he never spoke of the politics. His followers wanted him to destroy Caesar, but he would not, because church should be seperate from politics. Now, don't take that the wrong way, ethics should govern, but no religious rule.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Obviously, all things considered, the Holy See is the most christian state, being the home of the Papacy.
    Other nations that are very christian would definitely include Poland, Hungary, and the northern parts of the Phillipines.

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Confederate States of America.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast