Thread: Napoleon does not launch

Default Napoleon does not launch

Hello everyone!

Some time ago, Napoleon Total War (installed through steam) no longer started when pressed it. When my cursor clicks on the shortcut, a blue loading circle appears for a second and then it vanishes; but the game has still not started. On steam, it merely say the game is 'running' before that also goes away. I have not overclocked my computer.

I have tried verifying the cache multiple times, and even reinstalled the game numerous time. Alas, it did not resolve the issue.

My nvidia drivers are also up to date. Aside from that, I have installed all recent Windows updates.

My specs:
    Nvidia GTX 980M
    Intel core i7
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 10

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Napoleon has always been one of my favorite games, and I would really like to play it again. Thanks in advance!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Napoleon does not launch

Welcome to TWC, MajorMagma!

When it happen, did you have Steam Client running in the systray where the clock is in Windows?

I often make a mistake now and then by launching a mod e.g ETF or NTC without first launching the Steam Client.

Since you're using Windows 10, maybe you need to run NTW as administrator, right click on the Napoleon.exe and select the "Run as administrator" option in the popup menu and click Yes when prompted.

Try to launch NTW as administrator first before reinstalling NTW as administrator. After that launch NTW and shouldn't that help then you might need to contact Steam support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hello Leonardo! Thanks!

Unfortunately, those two didn't work.. I have contacted Sega support numerous times now, with one replying with standard solutions like 'Updating drivers etc.' but it hasn't helped. While the other flatly replied with how NTW is not guaranteed to work for Windows 10 and that's why he can't help. I am pretty bummed out that Sega couldn't help me so that's why I was hoping someone here could help me.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

This thread might help.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I don't see any solutions in the topic, I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagma View Post
    I don't see any solutions in the topic, I am afraid.
    Well, I meant that it doesn't help, unfortunately.