Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete unit lists for each faction

Default Complete unit lists for each faction

Is there a complete list of units every faction can recruit online?
    I ask because I am interested about (Proto)Slavic units maybe existing in game.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Complete unit lists for each faction

There is only an old one and Im not sure exactly how updated it is. But you can always take a look at the actual mod files.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

You could this one but it's not updated AFAIK.

Also you can take a look at our preview pages listed in the 1.2 Overview & Preview sticky thread, they are mostly complete.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

You can also check the ingame custom battles tab which will more or less provide all the units for every faction

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't suppose one of the devs could spare me some time and answer me here, are there any (proto)slav units in game?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I think there is one such unit in the game but I can't remember the name. It is located as AOR unit around modern day Albania.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Friendly reminder that the Parthia and Saba previews are missing from the 1.2 Overview & Previews Collection.

They are found only in this thread for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gioseppe View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. I don't suppose one of the devs could spare me some time and answer me here, are there any (proto)slav units in game?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I think there is one such unit in the game but I can't remember the name. It is located as AOR unit around modern day Albania.
    Yeah 1 or 2 AFAIK. I also don't know their names.

Quote Originally Posted by CEMN2017 View Post
    Friendly reminder that the Parthia and Saba previews are missing from the 1.2 Overview & Previews Collection.

They are found only in this thread for some reason.
    hmm these are very old previews. Not sure why they're not included though.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 13, 2018 at 07:15 AM.

Shouldn`t they be located somewhere else? Sarmatia maybe, or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by CEMN2017 View Post
    Thats because they aren't 1.2 previews They are in our general previews thread. I should probably unsticky the 1.2 thread because its not really relevant now and we can use the general preview and links thread for housing our previews.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 13, 2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    Shouldn`t they be located somewhere else? Sarmatia maybe, or something like that...
    I only quote that one from my memory, not sure if that unit is still there or if it ever was there

I'm pretty sure they were literally called Proto Slav levies.

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    That's where I was going to search for them. I'm very surprised to hear they are in the Balkans. Sounds really weird.

I did some edits to them, they are in AOR area 43 so that is Sarmatia. I recently did their historical description. Rather than proto-slavs I refined them into being early baltic tribes (where early slavs may have came from in later years) Here is their full historical description for them:

Vojīnōs were fierce infantry spearmen who formed the bulk of the armies of the Nerjōs (Neuri) and Budīnōs (Budini). Historically the people of the forest steppe were a heterogeneous group of closely related and mutually intelligeable dialects, which could be termed proto-Slavic. However being hemmed in by other ethnicities, exercising strong cultural influences, did not allow the people of the forest steppe to reach a mature and distinct ethnogenesis. The greatest influence came from the Skytho-Sauromatian nomads roaming the steppe, who sometimes pushed even beyond the Vistula River during raids. As confederal leaders the nomads had a considerable impact on the locals, during a lasting coexistence for about a millennium. This process synthesised core concepts and ideas from religion to everyday life. Around the 4th century BC, roughly the middle phase of said coexistence, these locals appeared to be so similar to the Skuda, that Herodotos recorded them as Skythian farmers. Throughout this time contacts with Volga Finnic people had taken place as well, namely with the people known as Budinjoi and Neurjoi. It is possible that from them, and even from Mediterranean captives taken by the Skuda and brought to the forest steppe, that the locals learned to build wooden fortifications. A cultural aspect that became a trademark of the forest steppe, giving rise to the enclosures known as Gordah. The most famous of them Gelonos was a massive center of workshops, producing metalware for the Skythian protectors of the region.
    #

And yes same as Baltic levies I see, those tribes over-lap. Proto-slav origins are very obscure, just read they may have been from a tribe known as the Vistula Veneti so could do a new description for them to seperate from "baltic levies" however it is the same sort of area and culture, this time around modern Gadansk area. "Proper" slavs only came about much later in 5th century AD so a baltic tribe suits the DEI unit better...
    Last edited by Don_Diego; July 13, 2018 at 03:40 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Gadansk
    TRIGGERED!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Gadansk
    TRIGGERED!
    Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Oh well
    Damn sorry KAM, how terrible of me! I meant to say Danzig!

Patrician

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast