Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sights of War - A Particle Effect Mod Merging Mech_Donald's S.E.E.N. and Monkeeyo's Mighty Effects plus my own Tweaks

Default Sights of War - A Particle Effect Mod Merging Mech_Donald's S.E.E.N. and Monkeeyo's Mighty Effects plus my own Tweaks

Apologies for the lengthy title, but I must let it be known that whatever is inside the .pack file IS NOT MINE. I only have merged two mods by two talented modders (to be credited below) and made some tweaks to their works. I would just like to upload my modified pack due to demand. To be clear, my intent is not to steal anything from anyone. I'd only like to share a modified version of their work. If any of the authors would like to take this down, I would gladly do so.

With that said, this .pack file combines the amazing features of both the aforementioned mods: it increases the distance and thickness of smoke and fire in both the campaign map and in battle, ensuring that it never fades no matter how far you move the camera, along with adding dust and snow effects to wherever your army marches. It also enhances the fire trails of all projectiles. Furthermore, it enhances the blood textures while ensuring that they stay on the ground almost permanently until the battle ends.

The mods merged were:

S.E.E.N. (Special Effects Enhancement Mod) by Mech_Donald: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=195575758

and

Mighty Effects by Monkeeyo: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/.../?id=384959221

I would like to thank these two mod authors for their work in making Rome 2 look beautiful. Again, everything inside the mod is all their work. I just mashed their work together and gave it some tweaks.

I do not recommend this for computers that only barely meets Rome 2's requirements, but there is no harm in trying. With a mediocre rig, you'd have very minimal to no slowdown when fully zoomed-in the thick of battle when using this mod. Tested with 1050ti 4GB and a Pentium 4560.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/107m40...+mightyfx.pack

Just put the downloaded file inside your data folder and then proceed to activate it. I recommend putting this mod at the top of the load order.

If you want to see some screenshots, I have uploaded some on my reddit post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._particle_mod/

P.S.: If you'd like a GEMFX preset that in my opinion compliments this mod nicely, here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1i0mkp...X_settings.cfg

Have a great day ahead.

Default Re: Sights of War - A Particle Effect Mod Merging Mech_Donald's S.E.E.N. and Monkeeyo's Mighty Effects plus my own Tweaks

Loving the mod but is it possible to make a version without the dust effects, my computer can't handle it that well

Default Re: Sights of War - A Particle Effect Mod Merging Mech_Donald's S.E.E.N. and Monkeeyo's Mighty Effects plus my own Tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Imperator View Post
    Loving the mod but is it possible to make a version without the dust effects, my computer can't handle it that well
    try my edited version of this mod. I reduced smoke particle effects, but increased sea effects such as water splashes etc. (naval effects are less resource consuming than the land effects that causes dust and smokes, as it loops its self every time a soldier stamps his feet and as soon as there is fire burning (for smoke). In naval, only one ship causes the effect compared to land battle where in each soldier causes that effect and results to tremendous resource consumption.

rome_mod_vfx2.rar

tried this but its takes along time to load the game and also takes a long time to load the battle scene

but it loads? if it loads then i think you must upgrade for it to speed up. i have specs of: RAM - 4gb, AMD radeon 7 built-in VRAM , 2.1 ghz processors still works ok for me even thou i have no vram. but yea, the original version is so laggy to me.

Cna you post some screenshots dude?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yumi View Post
    but it loads? if it loads then i think you must upgrade for it to speed up. i have specs of: RAM - 4gb, AMD radeon 7 built-in VRAM , 2.1 ghz processors still works ok for me even thou i have no vram. but yea, the original version is so laggy to me.
    yes it loads after a loong time. but flaming arrows and different color flames form catapult..

i7-4770, gtx1060 6gb, 16gb ddr3 is my system. the original SEEM code is also slow..oh boy..what to do?

hmm.. thats strange, you got rigs but still slow starting it up. Maybe it conflicts with your other mods. Try to put it to highest priority, oh and check if its a .mod or movie file. it should be in movie format so that all the effects are not overwritten which might be the reason why it has slow start up. Mine takes about 15-20 seconds to start up.

What flames are you talking about? is it red-orange? not the vanilla form yellow orange? well if its red-orange thats made it even cooler and looks realistic.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 25, 2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

What flames are you talking about? is it red-orange? not the vanilla form yellow orange? well if its red-orange thats made it even cooler and looks realistic.
    no not yellow orange Red orange flames from catapult and white flame arrows, nice to look at but loading the game and battles are really slow. i removed some dust, blood color mods as these might conflict with your mod and it loads slow. when i remove your mod and put back the mods i removed game loading and battle loading is quick.

Ok how about you try to edit it for yourself? Just download the original here and edit the following:

--- battle_entity_effects = shows you what particle effects are activated in a scenario.

so example if in forests, water, grass etc. and the army walks, runs or fights then you can control how and when will the dust will pop-up. I mostly set the dust particle to appear when infantry clashes only on desert areas.

--- vfx/unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_combat_y.xml, change the following values: scale="0.30" to lower, this reduces the size of the smoke area.
    and values: tint_a="0.02"/> this reduces the opacity or transparency of the smoke, so the lesser the more transparent it will become and less lag.

do the same for the others: unit_vfx_cavalry_terrain_running.xml, unit_vfx_cavalry_terrain_running_y.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_running.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_running_y.xml
    unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_snow.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_standard.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_standard_y.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking.xml
    and unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking_y.xml Take note that any xml file associated with suffixes like x or y should be the same, meaning you should put the same edit values to
    both of them. example: unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking.xml should be the same as unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking_y.xml. If not it may crash or produce a weird particle effect.

lastly, you also should edit
    effects/unit_dust_parameters.txt

change the -- entity frequency -- values.

the lower the less frequent particle effects will occur. but also less noticeable.

Ok how about you try to edit it for yourself? Just download the original here and edit the following:

--- battle_entity_effects = shows you what particle effects are activated in a scenario.

so example if in forests, water, grass etc. and the army walks, runs or fights then you can control how and when will the dust will pop-up. I mostly set the dust particle to appear when infantry clashes only on desert areas.

--- vfx/unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_combat_y.xml, change the following values: scale="0.30" to lower, this reduces the size of the smoke area.
    and values: tint_a="0.02"/> this reduces the opacity or transparency of the smoke, so the lesser the more transparent it will become and less lag.

do the same for the others: unit_vfx_cavalry_terrain_running.xml, unit_vfx_cavalry_terrain_running_y.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_running.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_running_y.xml
    unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_snow.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_standard.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_standard_y.xml, unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking.xml
    and unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking_y.xml Take note that any xml file associated with suffixes like x or y should be the same, meaning you should put the same edit values to
    both of them. example: unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking.xml should be the same as unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_walking_y.xml. If not it may crash or produce a weird particle effect.

lastly, you also should edit

I will try this and see if ths makes loading faster
    effects/unit_dust_parameters.txt

change the -- entity frequency -- values.

the lower the less frequent particle effects will occur. but also less noticeable.

whoaaa sounds complex but i will try these and see if this make loading faster
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 13, 2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

In my case, I want to edit:
    1)The smoke on campaign when sieging. I want to reduce it cause despite I don't have any lag, I see it way exagerated. 2) Remove the little horizontal columns that flows away in all directions and even come back to the smoke.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

3) Remove the green part of the smoke columns on the battlefield. See? at the borders of the dark smoke columns there's like a green part wich make a "transparent effect" over the dark smoke making it less dark.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

vfx/library_vfx_fire_smoke_loop.xml

change the values in the lines:
    <emitter type="continuous_mesh" id="emitter_smoke_heavy">
    <property name="CullDistances" quality="0" x="0" y="0" z="2000.00" w="2000"/>
    <property name="ParticleCullDistances" quality="0" x="3" y="3" z="2000.00" w="2000.00"/>
    change to lower.

about the color, i dont know i think its hard coded. like they made it using paint editor or something that make its color like that.

Metalde's Avatar Libertus

Thanks comrade this mod gave a beautiful look to the fighting !!

vfx/library_vfx_fire_smoke_loop.xml

change the values in the lines:
    <emitter type="continuous_mesh" id="emitter_smoke_heavy">
    <property name="CullDistances" quality="0" x="0" y="0" z="2000.00" w="2000"/>
    <property name="ParticleCullDistances" quality="0" x="3" y="3" z="2000.00" w="2000.00"/>
    change to lower.

about the color, i dont know i think its hard coded. like they made it using paint editor or something that make its color like that.
    Nope bro, I changed those values copying exactly what SEEN mod has and nothing changed. (speaking about the smoke column on campaign on my first picture) Are you sure about it? Can you doble check please?

try
    vfx/campaign_vfx_fire_smoke_large_loop.xml or
    vfx/campaign_vfx_fire_smoke_small_loop.xml

change the "scale=" into something small. the 0.25 is the default size i found in data_rome2.pack.
    <vfx inst_name="vfxref_10" vfx_ref="library_vfx_campaign_fire_smoke_loop" scale="0.25" pos_x="0.00" pos_y="0.00" pos_z="0.00" start_time="0.00" infinite_life="true">

if that wont work, then i dont know..... i tried it before, I edit catapult impact hits on settlements when besieging, the file name for that is
    campaign_vfx_catapult_impact.xml..
    i changed it into something really big and the result is like a nuke exploding on carthage.. lol.

lol I'll try that one and report you back.
    Cheers dude !

ok, buy hey look im not a modder. Im just a guy who uses mods and somehow learned a few tricks on how mods works, i watched magnar modding and thats it. If you need Pro help then im not the one you are looking for.

Those files are not in your mod basically xD
    campaign_vfx_fire_smoke_large_loop.xml
    campaign_vfx_fire_smoke_small_loop.xml

yes i know. so try it anyway, P.S. dont trust me this time or its up to you.. i recommend ask magnar or some modders cuz theyre Pros and im not .

I just got figured it out on how to reduce the smoke both campaign and battle map.
    Just bought this crappy GT 710 1gb gpu but still lags because of this smokey mayhem so I decided to reduce the smokes.
    see figure below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	354464
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 25, 2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast