Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Life after Death : are we going to dance among ghosts and have a toast to our legacy?

Default Re: Life after Death : are we going to dance among ghosts and have a toast to our legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximiIian View Post
    But it's not all. The primary stories all seem to come from the Near East, specifically Mesopotamia. And then was imported to cultures colonized or influenced by the various Near Eastern empires, particularly Babylonia, Assyria, and their revivals. The Greek variation of the flood story is entirely lifted from the Near East, along with a few other myths that are given literary value but weren't actually important in the religion-as-practiced.
    Of course, they didn't have phones and telegraphs back then, and based on different geographies, the impact of the Flood would be different.

So it's only normal the chronicles don't relate the same thing. They are from different geographical points of view.

What I'm saying is, just like a Dinossaur footprint or Fossil is a Hint which one can choose to ignore, so is the Universalism in talking about a Flood a Hint that you can choose to ignore.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Life after Death : are we going to dance among ghosts and have a toast to our legacy?

conon394,

As I said before what was called mountains then were high hills as can be seen from today's Jerusalem which the area surrounding it is termed a mount. It meant that the Ark had a clearance of some 15 cubits or twenty feet or around that so as not to get grounded. The great mountain ranges that sprung up dwarfed Ararat on which the Ark eventually landed but they were hundreds and thousands of miles away. Well, the Ark survived because God wanted it to survive so your theory cannot be correct else none of us would be here arguing over it.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

As I said before what was called mountains then were high hills
    Based on what evidence? Again you are always unwilling to actually pin down just what you evidence is.

s can be seen from today's Jerusalem which the area surrounding it is termed a mount
    And this is proof how? So you are saying I've been missing in the Bible the passage that said the highest mountains were covered even the might hills around Jerusalem...

Well, the Ark survived because God wanted it to survive so your theory cannot be correct else none of us would be here arguing over it.
    Well all you really needed to say. I have no argument with that - in fact the point is beyond argument. Only really the odd tenancy you and others have to drag in pseudo-science and post it. I rather feel that needs to be challenged.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

As I said before what was called mountains then were high hills as can be seen from today's Jerusalem which the area surrounding it is termed a mount. It meant that the Ark had a clearance of some 15 cubits or twenty feet or around that so as not to get grounded. The great mountain ranges that sprung up dwarfed Ararat on which the Ark eventually landed but they were hundreds and thousands of miles away. Well, the Ark survived because God wanted it to survive so your theory cannot be correct else none of us would be here arguing over it.
    But you're not hear to argue or debate, are you? You're here to preach, to prolyetise, to put forward your views to the exclusion of all others.

And you're last argument is so logically bad as to be downright ludicrous.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    But you're not hear to argue or debate, are you? You're here to preach, to prolyetise, to put forward your views to the exclusion of all others.

And you're last argument is so logically bad as to be downright ludicrous.
    Winston Smith,

Look at the question and see that it is about life after death. If what I am saying sounds like preaching that can only be because of what I have experienced concerning life and death as well as the part that God has played in my life. I cannot deny that because then I wouldn't be expressing what I know as against what the proposer put forward.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234