Thread: ER V has insufficient units or Jamestown population

LWC's Avatar Libertus

Default ER V has insufficient units or Jamestown population

Currently, in ER V's Road to Independence, there is an insufficient population in Jamestown (1000 or so) to allow recruiting additional units beyond the starting two units to complete the recruiting mission after taking over Pocahontas's home in Maryland, and definitely not enough to take over the the settlement in Pennsylvania.

I faintly recall a similar issue in an earlier version of ER, but is unable to search it up. Is there is work-around to add to the starting units in order to continue with the American Chapters in version V?

Thanks much!

LWC's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ER V has insufficient units or Jamestown population

Hello darkness my old friend....the sound of silence....

I played it in Version 4.92. And i somehow muddled myself through the first chapter. Then 1000 men of the population were subtracted for every new recruited unit. Try not to loose any unit in battle, retrain them after sustaining losses and save a lot before autoresolving battles. Try to autoresolve even if You are likely to loose. The AI doesn't seem to retrain their own units, so over time (a lot of rounds) Your chances may rise.

Also You can try to starve out the Indian settlements. Sometimes they will not make a break-out and You will win by default after the time is up (about 2-5 turns, I think).

yes, it has insufficient population, but you can totally win the campaign with the starting army.. you can actually get that single unit if you just wait some turns, i also recommend building up everything (farms) to get higher population boost. All your units have boosted accuracy and armor, therefore they are much stronger in fight against natives... just use proper tactics, and you will win

LWC's Avatar Libertus

Thank you very much CommanderGenda and JaM. Y'all are gentlemen and scholars.