Thread: Part 9 and 10

Default Part 9 and 10

I just noticed the two new files for DEI. I have not used them yet, but my DEI is updated and working even without the two files. Will installing them mess up my saves?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Part 9 and 10

What new files? You should have used them from the start. They are essential. Please start a new campaign with them.

I was talking about parts 9 and 10 on steam. When I went to download them part 10 won't download.

I know that you're talking about 9 and 10. Since you started a game without them your save is possibly corrupted.
    If part 10 has issues, unsubscribe from everything, make sure to delete all the Dei packs from your Data folder and grab the 2 part DEI version from the forums.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 09, 2018 at 07:26 PM.

Actually he should be okay with just adding them, they are only texture packs. Without them you will just have invisible textures for various units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I'm not sure what issues he's having. Also not sure why part 10 is problematic for him.
    He could try that and report back through.

Because sometimes Steam just has issues. People have problems subscribing and downloading all the time sadly. Its one of the more common complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Because sometimes Steam just has issues. People have problems subscribing and downloading all the time sadly. Its one of the more common complaints.
    Yeah..I hate Steam more than vegetables.

Thanks again for the help. The only problem I noticed, is that Antonius' body is missing on his in game avatar. But other than that no problems. I managed to download part 10 and it worked. Thanks again.

No problem. You could always use Forum's 2 packs plus the new beta patch if you wanna check the new features.

@Greek Strategos, is there another versioning control system that mods are implementing aside from Steam? As a mod user, not developer, I LOVE Steam Workshop for mods. It makes installation and uninstallation (usually) as simple as one click, and my Mod files are always up to date, and install on new devices with my game installation. Compared to the hassle that setting up a new installation with various mods without breaking the installation or switching between sets of mods used to be before steam, Workshop is a godsend.

I am curious though, why do you hate Steam? Has it made mod development more cumbersome?

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

It eats mods. Update them and game without any control.
    You never know what will happen. Their mod manager is not mod manager it is just dlc downloader.
    Script method - full control . You will crash the game - in this case it is better to have Stem off.
    Load order is on you (must have that). Use Mod manager if you don't like manually to add mods.

It is not hate. It is rage control

Try stellaris after new patch. Can't even play for month

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

This is just a personal opinion and I don't want to offend anyone, but Steam is for sheeps.
    You wanna buy a game? Ok, go to Steam.
    You wanna buy/download an update? Ok, go to Steam.
    You wanna mod? Don't go there.

It's not an hating factor for me.
    It's logic.

Or just download it and then rename it. Personally I mostly dislike the fact that mods often are stored in the user folder in a randomly numbered folder, rather than with the games itself, TW games are luckily one of the noteworthy exceptions.

Actually most TW games now have mods stored in a random number location and I wouldn't be surprised if Rome has that happen as well.