Thread: How To Edit the .vfx watersplashes made by catapult ships in game?

Icon3 How To Edit the .vfx watersplashes made by catapult ships in game?

I tried to edit files from vfx, files like impact_vfx_hit_water.xml or something and some library_vfx_watersplash but then the catapults impact on water is still the same. I want to increase the splashes made by artillery/catapults in water, unlike in vanilla where the splashes is very small, i want to increase the visuals so that it conforms with physics, big rocks=big splashes. I almost tried every thing from changing the impact_hit files, editing the line:

<vfx inst_name="vfxref_74" vfx_ref="library_vfx_impact_hit_water_heavy" scale="5.75" pos_x="0.00" pos_y="0.00" pos_z="0.00" start_time="0.00" infinite_life="true">

tried to change scale from 1.0 to 5.75 but then its still the same water splash scale. i tried editing some other vfx files like naval_vfx_ramming_heavy, but this one works. i tried to change the scale from 1.0 to about 5.0, then it works the ramming splashes increased in (visual) scale.

but the impacts made by catapults or artillery ships is still the same its like an arrow that hits the water not a big rock.

can anyone tell me which file does change the splashes? i have look and found many files that can be associated with this, but i dont know which file is exactly is. And also which lines in the file to edit. P.S. i do know already about the vfx_ref="library_vfx_impact_hit_water_heavy" scale="5.75" it works on some, except in watersplashes. can someone teach me? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Yumi; July 09, 2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: changed Title and corrections