Thread: passive economy AI?

Default passive economy AI?

Hey!

First, I'd like to say I really enjoy this mod

However...

Playing as ERE on Normal, 40 turns in, EP+FotE.

My strategy was Turtling 101: peacing out bothersome barbarians (including the Huns, which was disappointingly easy), developing my economy, reinforcing my armies and then build some fleets. Only military actions were kicking the Visigoths out of my lands, vassalizing the Gepids (after they joined the Greuthungi in attacking me) and curbstomping an invading Arran army with more archers than infantry or cavalry put together (Arran attacked the Huns, which was my defensive ally).

Problems: the economy snowballs very easily (most buildings return the investment less than 5 turns after completion), little need to prioritize food over money, the maintenance costs of buildings are negligeable for the benefits they provide (especially in the "city" chain) and, worst of all, the AI doesn't keep up.

After finishing the economic buildup, I'm struggling to find ways to waste my money on, even with the taxes on minimum. Meanwhile, the Sassanids have an unimpressive collection of tier I & II buildings, with whole provinces generating less revenue than most of any single settlement of mine.

Since they aren't being ravaged like the WRE (who are understandly distracted from economic matters), I wonder whether the AI is allocating any significant budget to economic buildings. It is pretty puzzling, since the Sassanids have an enormous potential and the White Huns haven't done anything significant to them thus far...

Did anyone experience anything similar with regards to the AI?

Default Re: passive economy AI?

Political situation (especially on start) is very random with every gameplay, you can find your faction easy to make peace with any foe around (with or without money offer) or they just decline any offer, whatever you put in files, that is always random. Try to load the situation where factions decline offers if you need challenge. However this doesn't help or makes harder since they declare war and do nothing with IV lvl border cities for ERE/WRE, so after few rounds of laziness they still accept peace. That is something that should be reworked still (i mean cities level) since with FotE they become invincible until real Huns come on weather change (and if they ever declare war ^^).

It seems Sassanid AI still allocates most of budget to building anyway, all my gameplays they have lvl IV buildings as soon as it is possible. Sassanids still need rework to be developed on buildings not technology, similarly to ERE/WRE.