Thread: MCWC XIX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MCWC XIX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

This is the submission/nomination thread for MCWC XIX!

Eligibility

Two updates are needed since July 1, 2018.

Only one entry per person.

The first place winner in the previous competition cannot enter this one.

Only work that is posted on TWC is eligible to enter.

Writers' Study Staff have discretion to disqualify nominations where it would be unfair to allow them to enter, for example in cases of plagiarism.

If you have a question or want to check whether an entry is eligible, please send a private message to a member of the Writers' Study Staff.

Advertising

Advertising the competition is allowed. Inviting people to submit their writing is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Authors are encouraged to submit your own work.

To enter, post on this thread with the following: the author's name, the title (with a link to the thread) and a short description/teaser.

If you want to nominate someone else's story, you must ask for (and obtain) their permission before nominating them.

Voting

Six entries are needed to run a regular competition.

If, after a month, we have fewer than six entries, then we wait until there are three or more submissions.

Awards

• 4 points for the Winner
    • 3 points for Second Place
    • 2 points for Third Place

If the competition has fewer than six entries, then first place will receive three points and second place will receive two.

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the Writers' Study Competition Medals.

• 6 points - bronze medal
    • 12 points - silver medal
    • 24 points - gold medal

Last edited by Alwyn; July 01, 2018 at 10:21 AM.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MCWC XIX - Submissions/Nominations Thread

I am going to modestly perform an act of self nomination.

Cat Tails

by NorseThing
    This semibiographical series had it's beginning in December of 2017 and now has a number of posts. This is really a group of tails (or tales if you insist) about the cats I have known over the years. I try to show the humorous side of these crazy cats and how the most ordinary circumstances may actually be most unusual. And there is a bit of sadness as well mixed in. The latest installment is Sage on the High Plains Desert which is a multi part episode.
    Last edited by NorseThing; July 19, 2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: now two submissions since july 1

I am starting a longer story within "The Chonicles of Matt and Morn", and as such thought I might submit that. Here are the deets:

Author: Kilo11
    Title: The Chronicles of Matt and Morn
    Description/Teaser: There is a blade and there is a boy, one of whom is bound to the other by necessity and an unpleasant need to be rescued. A fool and his keeper, as it were. Together they have had adventures, singly and unconnected, but the winds of fate are blowing.

There is a Man and a broken promise, an oath whose violation was without precedent. The tendrils of his shade writher and creep, sliding into the hearts of beasts and men, bending them to his bleeding will. He has cast a net in the hopes of finding what was taken from him, what betrayed him, and through the ropes and coils of his trap the winds of fate are blowing.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Words of the Forgotten

by Admiral Van Tromp

A struggling old exile clings to his past.
    A desperate young writer searches for his future.
    Will they find answers in each other?