Thread: campaign map editing. crashes

Default campaign map editing. crashes

Hello.

I am trying to make a mod for m2tw. i followed a tutorial on how to make a campaign map and I finished making all the maps but everytime I try to start a campaign the game crashes

and it says : "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."

Default Re: campaign map editing. crashes

Hello to you.

"Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."

This is the bare_geomod version of "the game encountered a unknow error and must exist", famous error that can mean anything and often prove hard to track down, unless you can remember everything you did and go back to search the cause.

So, which tutorial did you follow? Did you take in account the hardcoded limits of mapping this game? Did you do anything else beside mapping?
    You would think that I can think of every pertinent questions to ask in those cases by now, but I am quite down these days.
    It seem that with mapping beginner mistakes, the best course is to upload your map.tga files, and your map related text files. (descr_region, descr_strat ect...)
    Better yet, if your mod folder isn't too big yet, about the same size as the default bare_geomod folder or so, just upload it entirely.

Afraid I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown and just opening my own mod folder is starting to make me sick, I need a break and to go out to live a little, but hopefully someone else will eventually look at your mod folder if I don't stop by again in a forseable time. Good luck with modding.

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    Hello to you.

"Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."

This is the bare_geomod version of "the game encountered a unknow error and must exist", famous error that can mean anything and often prove hard to track down, unless you can remember everything you did and go back to search the cause.

So, which tutorial did you follow? Did you take in account the hardcoded limits of mapping this game? Did you do anything else beside mapping?
    You would think that I can think of every pertinent questions to ask in those cases by now, but I am quite down these days.
    It seem that with mapping beginner mistakes, the best course is to upload your map.tga files, and your map related text files. (descr_region, descr_strat ect...)
    Better yet, if your mod folder isn't too big yet, about the same size as the default bare_geomod folder or so, just upload it entirely.

Afraid I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown and just opening my own mod folder is starting to make me sick, I need a break and to go out to live a little, but hopefully someone else will eventually look at your mod folder if I don't stop by again in a forseable time. Good luck with modding.
    I followed Gigantus' tutorial.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

By the looks of it you used one of my older tutorials, at least looking at the mod folder set up - which tutorial was that? Needs some updating I guess.

What I found: after copying the world folder into my Bare Geomod set up and trying it I had no joy either so I ran the Geomod tool (saw your log for it, obviously didn't work with that mod folder version). I then realized that you used the original descr_region file and eventually found an error:
    - the Tenochtitlan region exists in descr_regions but not on the map, same with the arguin region - I removed both of them with the tool
    - then I ran the pixel test: I deleted every region with the tool until only one was left, theoretically you should have only one color for the last region and one (or several) colors for water. I found 5 bad pixels and a complete region not entered in descr_regions (turns out it was the technoctitlan region with a faulty RGB value)
    - after that I ran into constant crash to menu error which were port issues (entry in descr_strat, no pixel on descr_regions)

I'll finish sorting this out sometime during the day and will then upload the complete folder as I have it on my machine, eg latest Bare Geomod set up for use with the tool.

Edit: after five port errors and not even half way through the descr_strat file I lost patience and removed all further ports from the file and got the mod starting which then greeted me with the usual 'the mongols have won' message, a standard fix in BG.

Underneath the link to the complete mod folder, simply extract it into the mods folder. The folder is now named 'ogedei' and you start the mod by running\double clicking the 'universal start' file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p267g9...-%20ogedei.zip
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 09, 2018 at 03:46 AM.

it works! thanks for the help man

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries