Thread: Need help with fixing Malekith's pre/post battle animations in the campaign map.

Laetus

Default Need help with fixing Malekith's pre/post battle animations in the campaign map.

Firstly: Hello TWC.

I'm long time lurker in the forums and I suffer from perfectionism; for the last couple of years I was reading guides and mods quietly around the forum while working as a seo during my slave hours, so registering an account just seemed like doing work in my free time, but desperate times...
    So my illness pushed me to fix an animation bug by myself, because CA is ignoring my bug report since February, but I still had some hope that they will fix it with new DLC or patch, well few of those came out and nothing has changed; anyway I told to myself that I will just replace the new animation files related to Malekith with older ones from some cracked version of TWII using the PFM, (the animation was fine before the release of The Tomb Kings DLC) well it turns out that I have to do the same thing in DAVE, but I can't open the database of the cracked version with DAVE to see which animation tables are changed or to extract them.

Old animation before The Tomb Kings DLC:

New animation after The Tomb Kings and recent DLC/patches:

Lastly: Excuse my english and please help!

Default Re: Need help with fixing Malekith's pre/post battle animations in the campaign map.

I cant seem to view videos you posted from this site but I found Your upload on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F5a1XFAsFo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZ4TaS5VoA
    From what I see old animation seems to be using standard dark elf infantry sword and shield animations I believe You can change it via File Pack Manager 5.0 by changing campaign animation tables , You might check some hero or malekith mods for more information .

For animation on battlefield they are in land_unit table or something but for campaign they start with prefix cam and are in different tables.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Laetus

Default Re: Need help with fixing Malekith's pre/post battle animations in the campaign map.

Thank you for the help.

Laetus

I finally did it, after 1 day of looking through tables, it turned out that it's simpler than I thought.
    I just replaced the cam_lord_hu1d_def_sword_and_shield in animations\campaign\database\bin with the same file from the older version.
    Now the only thing that's left is to figure out how to make it to appear up to date before uploading it to the Workshop.
    Thanks again for the help and the advice.