Thread: Characters as city administrators

Default Characters as city administrators

I have some questions about how to use my characters as city administrators.

In DeI, what would happen if I put two generals in two cities in the same province?
    Do their bonuses stack?
    Is it more cost effective to have only one per province?

Do admirals
    administrator just as well as generals?
    Seems that their household is not being applied. The bonus to public order did not seem to work.
    What if I give an admiral the Agriculturist trait? Didn't appear to be applying the reduction to banditry.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Characters as city administrators

Afaik,

yes, the bonuses for two generals in same province do stack.
    it depends by general's unit upkeep

can't say, but if I am correct the script should be based on garrison "stance", so admirals in port effects should take place

One thing I am able to clearly see is that admirals do not give you the 5 points of army vs. banditry. So that's a strike against admirals. I've tried testing the household and skills but it takes a couple of turns to give them a chance to go into effect and other changes happening at the same time muddies the water. So still not sure on them.

I notice some other curious things. If I assign my faction leader to an army that is on patrol then that province starts getting more bonuses. Even though he isn't "inside" a city. So I'm having a hard time predicting what household, political rank and skills/abilities will take effect from being in a province vs. being in a city in that province.

Its very dependent on the specific effects.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its very dependent on the specific effects.
    What is the rule of thumb (indicator) to determine? Specifically, I'm asking how do I determine "area of effect" and also "conditions to affect". AKA, what land mass and what does it take to activate that bonus.

Speaking of economic ones it can only be one of two things. It either affects the city (region) or the province as a whole. But I also want to know what conditions are required to trigger for that to happen. Does it need to be in a city to trigger? Is it good enough that it is in the region?

"local province" = the entire province (all the regions of that province)?
    So bonuses that don't say that are region only?

Honestly, the game itself is pretty vague when it tells players some things. I would have to go through each effect individually and explain how they work. You sort of have to get a feel for them as you play - not the best way I know.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Well grr. Can you explain how they might work based when assigned to a character but that character is:

A) Not stationed anywhere (aka available to be assigned)
    B) stationed as an admiral and out at sea
    C) stationed as an admiral and in port
    D) stationed as a general and in an owned region but not in a city
    E) stationed as a general and inside a city
    F) stationed as a general and in territory not owned by the faction

And they have 'things' that say factionwide, local province or no reference whatsoever.

Maybe I can make a graph.

A B C D E F

(factionwide) N Y Y N Y Y

(local province) N N Y Y Y N

(no reference) N Y Y Y Y N

An example is Wise Man, assigned to my faction leader who is in an army with 3 units on patrol in a region of a fully owned province. The bonus to research is not being applied. Appears it has to be assigned to a character in a city.